Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Two Wheels

Today I rode my bicycle everywhere I went today. In fact, I have been doing this a lot lately. But not because I am like a super hippie that wants to save the earth with my own sweat and tears... more because my car died three weeks ago and I can't afford to fix it. It has given me a greater appreciation and joy in life (on sunny days) to slow down and see my downtown around me.






The dress I am wearing was a "save the vintage" halloween buy at the Goodwill, its a weird 60s can-can style square dancing dress I think? I like the cross over peek-a-boo skirt anyway, very scandalous!
My boots are ghetto $12 clearance boots from Target, and the tights are from the one and only SOCK DREAMS!


I went vintage shopping after dropping the kids off and scored scads of goodies, of which I had to ride back home in my basket, uphill, pregnant.... I was quite worn out when I finally approached my alley.

10 comments:

art deco dame said...

I get winded just reading up the hill and pregnant,hehehe.You've stayed for fit but still have a cute bump,good job!

Hattara said...

What's wrong with wanting to save the world? ;))

Twila Jean said...

Hattara - Normally... I am the uber hippie style. I recycle everything, cloth diaper, grow my own food, sewing clothes out of recycled textiles.. but this time.. i was just clarifying, I didn't choose to be car less for the earth.. I am just a broke hoe.

Stephanie Lynn said...

On the bright side all of that biking will help you keep off the baby weight! :)

Lucky Dame said...

Darling dress and love the tights.

Anonymous said...

I love the little eyelets on this dress!

Coedith said...

Ruth said her class was outside and you rode by VSAA and everyone thought you were so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I looked that cool on my bike. I look like a total dork!

Le Fresne said...

Beautiful dress! And kudos to you doing all that work while pregnant!
I wish I had never sold my bike, it's certainly less expensive to maintain than a car...

witchhare.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love the second pic - it's so carefree! I pretty much can't look at my bike without sweating (and I recently did a long sponsored ride so it's not like I'm super unfit or anything). I seriously cannot take it any distance or up even a tiny hill without busting serious sweatiness. It is NOT sexy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...