Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dumpster Diving 101

On my way to work the other morning I spotted a cute little dresser sitting next to the dumpster in my apartment alley. It had some potential, so we took it. I don't know that I would actually dig an item out of a dumpster, but I will take an awesome piece of furniture that is sitting next to a dumpster. . .
Today before work, we decided to work on the dresser. We are gonna sand it down and paint it red and put white milk glass pulls on it. I wore my new Freddies Of Pinewood "Dungaree Dolls" that were a gift from reader Lori! They fit so amazing and are super comfortable. Perfect for working very hard on sanding a dresser (and also, checking the status of the Tomato Plant!)



Ok, by working really hard, I mean Toma was working on sanding and cleaning and all of that. I just wore the overalls, but I looked as though I was a champion dresser sander!


At any rate, I love my new Freddies. I have a few other pairs of the regular dungarees, but the overalls are just too cute for words. I am so excited to have them in my wardrobe!

Also, when I (read: Toma) finishes the dress I will share update pictures of its adorableness.

13 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

Too cute - and the vintage find is pretty cool too.

Alli said...

Such adorable overalls- so cute!
And what a find! I can't wait to see the dresser when you've finished it. I love old furniture- they have such character

Lucky Flagg said...

I also will pick up things on the side of the road and abandoned to take home and breathe new life into them! Dumpster diving, while not actually diving into dumpsters, is awesome!!!! xoxo

Janey said...

I want a pair so badly! They are so adorable!

Congrats on finding the dresser! I just picked up a bamboo corner shelf from our laundry room aka our free room. It's going in my antique booth, because our apartment isn't tiki themed at all. Someone else will love it though. You're also so lucky to have even that small patch of area to work on stuff like that! I miss my dad's driveway SO badly!

Michelle said...

Ladies please! It's no longer "dumpster diving" it's called "being green" hahaha! Great find and cute overalls.

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

I agree, I will totally "dumpster dive" without actually jumping in. I hope you post pics when it's finished! I love you hair color by the way, super cute!!

Andi B. Goode said...

The dungarees look SUPER CUTE. Also, I'm completely in love with your hair, right now.
-Andi x

Zootsuitmama said...

I want some! Do you think an old lady would be ok to wear them?? I've been searching for some jeans that don't show my a** crack! Where can I buy some! Your finds are fab!

Encore Fashion said...

Hi there. You have such a nice Blog. Some really great photos as well. I hope you can also find the time to stop by and visit my new Blog too. Thanks for sharing. Take care.

Jen (pieKnits) said...

I love how you've styled your hair and whole outfit. Also a friend calls items like these "dumpster adjacent".

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

they have the most comfortable pants, don't they?!?!? I think they do anyway. You look adorable. great find too!

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

Can't wait to see the dresser all finished! I have a new obsession for painted furniture and red sounds like a fun color.

vintage_kitten said...

I love freddies.I have a few pairs of them and the coveralls.My only dislike is the legnth.I can't seem to get them long enough.I hate to sit down and they show my ankles.lol.I like a big cuff no ankles.I just love your red hair color.what color do you use?xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...