Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Long Distances

Last week I, Toma, and both kids loaded up the car for a vintage thrift road trip through Oregon. I absolutely love vintage road trips, small town thrifting and antique malls are so exciting. We stopped at all of my favorite places like the Deschutes river, big canyons, mountain coffee shops, and ended in the desert at Toma's parents current locale. His parents place had a fun log cabin built for children that was too adorable.




We did lots of retro style sight seeing on the trip and stopped at one of my favorites Peterson Rock Gardens in Redmond, OR. If you ever find your self in the center of Oregon, the rock garden is a serious must-see. There are peacocks and horses, lakes and kittens. Also, plenty of rocks. Monuments hand crafted out of rocks.




Of course I bought a lot of vintage. A lot. I have plenty of things that will be wandering into the store this week if I get the time to actually list. I wish I could live on the road collecting vintage, but alas I am back home and back to blogging about my travels. Until next time dear friends...

11 comments:

Redhead Sadie said...

Petersen Rock Garden is my heart home-I LOVE that place. It is the most peaceful place on earth to me! Don't you love the old diner building, just sitting there, kinda lonesome?

Rebeccak said...

That little house is amazing! Who built it? I love the wonkiness! You are looking lovely as always :)

Salsa Von Leopard said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had. You look so amazing, i love the last 3 pics :D

The Witchery Vintage said...

First of all you look amazing! I love the dresses!!! Secondly, I love Oregon! The climate and topography are so unique! I definitely want to visit! oxoxxo I'm so glad you had a great time!

DearHelenHartman said...

Love the dress and your style. And the glimpse of Peterson Rock Gardens.

Bombshell Bettie said...

Yes! Rock gardens are a must! Can't wait to see your pretty new things for the shop!

Miss Tami Lee said...

That cottage is awesome!

Lizzy said...

Oh! I loved the little house! that picture of your kids is so lovely!

art deco dame said...

that cabin so so freakin' adorable!

punkinlady said...

Really cool. Glad to see you are getting a break from the jobs and madness in your life! Tell that Toma to smile :-)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

That place looks so cool!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...