Thursday, January 14, 2010

Garlic Fries.

One of my favorite thing about the one day a week we get a baby sitter, is Happy Hour. When my husband gets off work at 3:00 we head to the water front and eat at a McMenamins, which are local bohemian, main-stream funky, brew pubs.
When you are as thrifty and poor as we, you only have dates during Happy Hour, but that is OK! I love being able to enjoy Garlic Fries for $1.00 and Hummus with Pita for $2.00. All of this, of course, with my favorite hat from my grammy, and a pint of good locally brewed beer.

I love Happy Hour! Where is your favorite spot to garner happy hour splendors?

12 comments:

Lipstick Chick said...

So fun! My husband and I live in Denver and we love to hit up the local brew pubs for good HH deals!

Jaede said...

Sounds perfect to me !

MoonDoggie said...

Oh God! That looks yum.
I don't really 'do' happy hours but I wouldn't mind 'Happy Hour' at a tiki bar.

Emily Kennedy said...

Nom nom nom!

Debi said...

I miss McMenamins!!!

Scientific Housewife said...

I love garlic fries and hummus, sounds like a great place!

Treacle said...

Oh yum...that looks delicious! And kudos to the two of you for keeping the romance alive.

I'm not really one for happy hour, mostly because I don't drink and I don't dig crowds, but those food deals are really tempting.

Hep~Kitten said...

sounds like a perfect evening and those fries look good

Brook said...

those look delicious!

Maggi said...

I don't know that I have a favorite HH spot, but I wish I could hit yours up, those fries look amazing! lol

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum, yum!! McMenamin's is probably my most fave Happy Hour, as well. plus, they're always pretty to be in :-)

Laura said...

I so miss McMenamin's (heck I miss all of Portland!). Any time parents get to go out and act like adults is a fabulous time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...