Monday, July 29, 2013

The Sour Parts

Recently I worked with Sourpuss Clothing to produce a shoot along side my daughter wearing a newly release set of items. We got to strut our stuff on the river side in the Bee Mine dresses for both Mama and daughter. Margaux is quite the diva and was incredibly hard to shoot... but all her unrealistic demands aside we managed to capture a few great shots that I truly treasure.














It's been hot as Hades here and these pinafore style dresses are super lightweight material so they have quickly become go to staples in our summer wardrobe. But honestly my main obsession lies in the cute little bumble bee cardigan that pairs with the dress.  The little bows at the cuff??? Are you kidding me with this cuteness! Margaux loves the sweater too, but she is going through a princess phase at the moment and only wears dresses and proclaimed to me "Mom! Im a rockabilly princess!" Ha!
The whole thing reminds me of the mid-50s Family Circle magazines, where the fashion ads always featured a mother in a fabulous dress with her daughter donning matching threads. I think its a trend that would be lovely to revive!

23 comments:

Miss Psycho Cat said...

Gorgeous pictures, really love third one :) And I love your dress and shoes <3

Daise Alves said...

Your daughter is pretty and you too. I loved the outfits.

The Glamorous Housewife said...

I tweeted you but I wanted to also comment here: I have been following you for a long time and I swear you get more beautiful every year! These are by far my favorite photos of you (and your daughter) that I have ever seen.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!

cassie stephens said...

She is SUCH A DOLL! Love these photos of you two, they are amazing. The dresses are pretty stinkin' awesome too.

Unknown said...

Those dresses are so cute - but I might be biased because I just think you and your daughter are really gorgeous!!! Oh gosh oh gosh!!!

Incendiary Blonde said...

Adorable!!!!!!!!

KittyMeow said...

I dont think there is a more matched match than the mother daughter outfit - LOVE them! Even Viccie Beckham is doing it in her own way. Awesome-sauce ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well, your Rockabilly Princess is definitely beautiful. These are darling Mother-daughter photos!!!
+Victoria+

art deco dame said...

Just like her mama,she is so beautiful.And those dresses are SUPER cute.I agree the matching mom and daughter dresses need to make a come back.

Kristian said...

Oh, this is the best photo shoot. You BOTH look amazing in these photos and your "rockabilly princess" is adorable.

The Witchery Vintage said...

THis has made me smile so much!!! THanks so much too for keeping the Witchery Vintage on your page. Unfortunately I've closed my shop today :( due to personal busy life commitments. I hope to reinvent it and open again soon. xoxo thanks again!

Unknown said...

Such great dresses! Such beautiful photo's!

Unknown said...

I love this photoshoot, you two are darling in your matching dresses!
Amia
www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

Peaches McGinty said...

they are such beautiful photos, you two are so lovely - I do like the idea of mama's and their little ones having matching frocks x

Anonymous said...

omg you are sooooooooooooo beautiful!

Alli said...

Sooooo cute! You both look gorgeous. And hasn't she grown! A real little lady now :)

vindiebaby said...

Lovely pictures the two of you look great :)






www.vindiebaby.com
Vintage Inspired Girls

Anonymous said...

I adore your hair. I love the pink color. With that said this photo shoot was perfect. Both you and your daughter looked wonderful and you managed to get some really awesome shots. Also your shoes are to die for; I love them!


My homepage | Online PhD UK

Sophie said...

You both look beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Oh my! You are both so lovely. Your photos turned out beautifully:)

Unknown said...

Oh my! You are both so lovely. Your photos turned out beautifully:)

AlexiaDahl.com said...

I just stumbled by - this is the cutest thing ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...