Sunday, July 29, 2012

CAT WALK

Over the weekend I got to walk in a local fashion show representing Jitterbuggin Clothing. We have been prepping, and getting fitted for the Alley 33 Fashion Event for well over 2 months. I wore an amazing two-piece  30s style sailor ensemble that was tailor made for me, by Kim herself! Solanah was also a runway model, sporting a lobster play suit. I met another local blogger Suzannah, of Adventures in Dressmaking, who wore a stunning green number.
Overall I spent the day eating delicious mac and cheese (thank you Gold Dust Meridian), getting gussied up, drinking a little vodka, and hanging out with some of the most fun people I know. I am so thankful for all of the incredible things I have been involved in! I'm not going to lie, I really enjoy getting to be me!




Red velvet Salon was incredibly accommodating  and allowed all of the models to get prepped in their adorable subterranean location before the show. I did all of my own hair and make-up, which I feel pretty darn good about!











Special thanks to Solanah's mother for taking most of these pictures.

14 comments:

Laurence said...

You are all so LOVELY girls!!!! I love your huge hat and Solanah's hairstyle is just so nice and funny!

http://lostin1950.blogspot.fr/

Incendiary Blonde said...

This looks like such a fun event! Your hair and make-up did indeed turn out great. I love all of the outfits...but I am particularly in love with that lobster playsuit!!!

Anonymous said...

The show looked like so much fun! I really miss my modeling days.

Julia said...

How on earth did you do Solanah's hair?! It's so beautiful!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Wow, you are fast! Great photos!

Jitterbuggin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jitterbuggin said...

I love that you kept my "Holiday Twist" jazz hands re-enactment in, not. Seriously, that was tons of fun.

Unknown said...

Not only were you lovely and fun on the runway, your look was one of the ones where the audience said, "oooooooh that one that one!!" remind me to give Kim your eye liner. It was left near your bags downstairs but not picked up!! Thank you for offering to help me with my makeup!!

Kristian said...

You all look so lovely and classy and sexy-fun!

Solanah looks great (but like a different person) with that hairstyle, and your hair and hat are fantastic. Sounds like a fun time!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

simply wonderful!! I have a Jitterbuggin' outfit I bought a couple years back that I love, though I wear it only in cooler weather. I'd adore owning more one day.
+Victoria+
http://justicepirate.com

The Witchery Vintage said...

absolutely stunning! gorgeous! what a fun day for all!

Wendi said...

Wow! I love Jitterbug's clothing and you all look so fantastic.

Anonymous said...

You all look so happy and beautiful! Looks like so much freaking fun! :o)

Gypsy Plunder Vintage

Lisa said...

The hair! The makeup! The outfits! Total success.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...