Monday, September 12, 2011

Southern Fried Birthday

Last Thursday was Toma's birthday party. He elected to eat meatloaf at a self proclaimed southern food cafe in Portland called the Delta. The food was pretty good, though I fancy myself a jambalaya master and can make it better blindfolded. The main point was Toma loved his meatloaf, and really that is all that mattered. We had to bring the kids, and we also brought Solanah, but because we love her, not because we had to. Solanah and I were supremely overdressed, as is our style, and Toma wore a black cowboy shirt which is his style.
I must say these are some of the best pictures I have had on my blog in a while. I want to frame all of them, and hang them in my house. I love my friends and family.







And... poor Solanah had to ride in the tiny back seat with the kids. She is a trooper though, and we are happy she made it.


A few other friends came too, but by then my 5 year old was taking pictures of people eating so I wont be sharing any of those. I can't wait for next year, I think top secret get-away is more in order for his birthday... one that includes meatloaf of course.

9 comments:

Marie said...

Your hair and dress are birthday celebration worthy for sure!

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

art deco dame said...

looks like you all had a blast and the photos ARE indeed amazing

Anonymous said...

these ARE fantastic pics! your kids are super cool, i especially love that picture of your daughter pointing at the camera-priceless!

Mrs. Neu said...

Delta Cafe is right down the street from my house, isn't it amazing?! That would have been neat to run into you ladies, I would have introduced myself as a follower of you both... glad you had a great time!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

awww how so sweet and exciting. Love all the shots and your kids are too sweet.

Redhead Sadie said...

Such fun! I can't even tell you're prego, you look so slim! You and Toma are going to have a beautiful baby. I love pictures of people having fun, thank you for sharing!

Beth said...

Pregnant and rockin those heels!? Awesome.

Holly Hall said...

Beautiful photos! Glad to have found your blog today.

Alli said...

Such cute photos. Happy birthday Toma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...