Thursday, February 10, 2011

Drop Dead Red Head

I took the plunge this week and went back to red. I had red hair off and on a bit through high school and after, but this time I went about it in a more professional way. I am excited for how it turned out as it's not too bright or too dull. I think also, it will help my internet persona, as well as shop persona... as the girl with strange red hair? I am not sure exactly, but I am liking it and I have received a great deal of compliments.
Photobucket
I took a walk with my littles today, all around down town. The above pictures were shot by my four year old, who is getting quite handy with a camera I must admit. Soon enough I might have a personal photographer on hand.
I did etsy shots today, and those give a good glimpse into my hair color too, so I figure its worth while to share.
Photobucket
The red I chose matches my living room furniture, which I find comical. The color is by Pravana, and its in their Vivids collection. It's just the plain RED, but it's a stain dye which stays incredibly well. I suggest if you want bright lavish color with staying power you talk to you stylish about Pravana. Hands down it is my favorite quality dye.
Photobucket
I don't know how long I will stay red, or if I will go brighter, but I do know I am enjoying the silliness of pretending to be young forever. On that note I would love to share a very priceless image of me at 18, with bright red hair. My niece is also pictured, and clearly she was a very spooky witch...
Photobucket

26 comments:

Betty2Tone said...

These pics make me want to go back to red hair again too! I hate the upkeep though :(

Unknown said...

You look beautiful.

mallis said...

Looks really good!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

This is a proper old school movie star red, lovely. I have more of a dark copper, but am so poor at the moment haven't been back to the hairdressers for a top-up and can't find the right colour myself, so it is all looking horribly ratty! x

Brook said...

I'm a hair dresser and the chromasilk vivds are amazing as far as demi colors. I have found that Magma http://wella.com/en-US/magma.aspx last much much longer and is a lift and deposit color. It will make your hair fire engine red even if you have black hair all in one process.

Alli said...

Your hair looks awesome! Such a beautiful shade, and it suits you so much. Just gorgeous :)

Rebeccak said...

It looks wonderful! Love it with the red lips too. :)

LandGirl1980 said...

Yowzers!!! Looks a treat!

Boo Boo Kitty said...

Love the new hair colour.. that aqua cardi goes so well with it.

I love red and aqua anything!!

Anonymous said...

I am so right there with you! I've been considering going redder or darker, and I still haven't made up my mind, but you're helping me learn into the red direction.

Cheers!
~Paige

Anonymous said...

And by "learn" I mean "lean." Heehee!

Flapper Flickers + Silent Stanzas said...

What a gorgeous mahogany - and it suits you so well, too! You look lovely, Twila Jean. ^_^

Twila Jean said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments! I am glad my hair is such a winner!

Brook: thanks so much for the recommendation on the Magma, will definitely look into that in the future. Though I wonder does it lift every time? I would only want to get to a certain stage and stop lifting...

BaronessVonVintage said...

WOW! Your hair is so lush, so shiny, and just the richest colour of red. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Must look into this kind of hair dye (though I couldn't rock this amazing colour). Happy friday, gorgeous!

hope505 said...

What a gorgeous, rich, bordeaux color for your hair!! !! A color I can never have...I'm platinum blonde...a natural blonde, that I push as light as possible. "Strawberry" is the only red I can ever hope for, and even then, only for a couple strenuous months at most...::sigh:: I have always longed for deeeep rrrredd!! You got it, baby!! Beautiful!!

art deco dame said...

love it!I do miss having mine red but trying to stick to natural while I can...you know before I go gray and HAVE to dye,haha!

Unknown said...

Out of all the hair colors i've seen you sport, this is by far my fave. Your lovely eye color really pops.

:) Sandy

garofit said...

Wow, very fiery! Gorgeous!

Lauren R. said...

I love it! It looks fabulous. So much more fun.

Kristina said...

Yeah!!!Wow! It looks absolutley perfect! To be honest it looks much better then the brown...

Hep~Kitten said...

Red hair suits you vary well!!

For The Vintage Fashionista

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

awww it looks lovely!!! I think the photo of you at 18 is great and looks hardly like you but I see it!!!! You were adorable. . .oh wait you still are.

punkinlady said...

Your niece is too dang cute!!

Bᴜɴɴʏ ☥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bᴜɴɴʏ ☥ said...

It's a lovely color on you almost a red/mahogony or burgandy. What was your base color? Previously dyed? I have been looking into Pravana froma recommendation I received but their "RED" looks so fire engine red...

The Islomaniac ™ said...

You look like the girl on the Redheads matchbox we have here in Australia. check this link ...

www.redheads.com.au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...