Sunday, October 3, 2010

Glorious Glory

I found myself perusing the closet today, with not an article of clothing to wear that fit my mood. I had to work (at an antique store) and had to attend a birthday party for Coedith's youngest child, so it had to be fancy. I stopped when I hit the burnt orange silk velvet...
This crepe 30s dress I actually got at my work, and fully intended to sell in my Etsy Shop... but once I put it on, and it fit, it obviously was not coming back off. I paired it with a hat that I had also planned to sell, but after seeing its glory, will also be keeping.For the many of you who likely haven't hear the news, I do have a job these days. I work at a very lovely antique mall in vancouver called Old Glory. It's a fun job, and I work with the best people. Judi, my co-worker, was exceptionally excited to take pictures of me for my blog! I even managed to sneak attack a shot of her hiding behind a shelf.


After work, I headed to the party in the park for Baby D, who just turned one! I ran into local celebrity bloggers (har har har) Team Jessup and Co. and of course Coedith and her darling family. Overall, it was a charming early evening with lots of small children, even smaller cupcakes, and lots of cell phone picture taking.
All in all, I am glad I kept the hat and the dress, and I feel so blessed to have the amazing friends I have. I am so happy that I get to spend my time with such awesome people. I am only sad that Solanah was trapped at work, and couldn't be there too.

9 comments:

Mrs Cleaver said...

Stunning outfit & your hair is gorgeous too:)What a great job you have!
Glad to see you back to your happy ,delightful self again:)

Solanah said...

I am sad too :(

But you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit - the hat is divine! :)

Sounds like a brilliant job

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit - the hat is divine! :)

Sounds like a brilliant job

Bombshell Bettie said...

This is fab! you look gorgeous (like usual) and I've ACTUALLY been where you work so I feel pretty cool right now :D

I do love that hat, its been a very "hat-ish" sort of week I think.

BaronessVonVintage said...

DROOLLLLLL!! That HAT! That Dress! YOU! WONDERFUL!!!

Fiona Timantti said...

Lovely hat!

alabee said...

you look stunning! i love the shots of you in the vintage shop- picture perfect

Wendy said...

The outfit is amazing. I have a huge collection of vintage pieces that I bought with every intention to sell until I saw how good they looked (on me).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...