Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Missing Persons

I would like to tell you all I have a grandiose reason for my lack of blogging, but in truth, its a mixture of little things weighing on my heart, and lack of time due to taking on a job.
I have been in a weird place emotionally, and have lost the energy to blog, as well as work on my etsy shop. Thankfully I feel myself entering a calm place, thus I find myself missing all of my blog readers, and of course my customers. I have been out shopping for some lovely pieces to add to the shop, and have been taking a lot of time to appreciate the things in my life that give me great joy.

Today, I took the kids out on a walk down a hidden alleyway in our neighborhood. Its a lovely passage, that is covered in foliage, flowers, and growing edibles. This flowery oasis is especially lovely around sundown. I brought my camera, and let August take a few shots as well. He is getting particularly good with my camera, and less and less of the pictures are coming out blurry.



My dress is the dress I modeled for Shristi Studios a while back, and the heart pin is a lovely new addition to my bakelite jewelry collection. A darling friend got it for me, and I cant seem to find a reason not to wear it!

Thanks for hanging in and still following this blog, those of you who are reading this now. I hope that I can continue to find the time and inspiration to write more often. I miss the wonderful interaction this blog has brought to my life.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lolita Haze said...

I am glad to read you are getting back to a sweet place, emotionally. Also, I don't know if I have told you this yet or not, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bangs! And your kids are beautiful!

Twila Jean said...

Thanks Lolita! I am really loving having my bangs back as well.:) you are too sweet!!

The Zany Housewife said...

Love the bangs and I love, love, LOVE the face your son is making. Priceless.

Brooksie said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering where you have been. It is good to have you back. Your hair is getting so long and pretty!

Irene Palfy said...

Awesome photos!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Great to hear your getting to a better place, the last thing you want to do it blog when you're not feeling right! Welcome back

Casey Maura said...

I was so glad to see a post from you on my reader this morning! :) I've been in those places of just loosing the mojo to blog (and generally interact with the internet ;), so my sympathies are with you. I'm so happy to hear that you're reaching a good place again though--those darker/weird ones are never fun! :/

That bakelite pin is to die for! So cute (along with your adorable bangs--how I envy you!!! ;)!!!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Kaylovesvintage said...

love your dress

Rebecca Jean said...

And we've missed you! I was so glad to see a new post up. I saw your bakelite pin on Facebook, but it's even cuter in your post. I would be wearing it all the time too!

Enjoy some time off, we'll still be here when you feel like returning.

♥ Rebecca Jean
Midnight Maniac

Mrs Cleaver said...

I was happy to see a new post from you as i was wondering what had happened.I can understand not wanting to blog when you feel like that.I'm glad to hear your are feeling better now:)
Gorgeous pics,your kids are so sweet!That brooch is fab & you are looking lovely!

Gabriella said...

I'm sorry that you have been feeling meh but I'm glad to hear that you are better now. You have been missed!

SMiles said...

I was so glad to see a post from you today! I check your blog every day and I was hoping you were doing okay! Your kids are adorable and your posts never fail to brighten my day!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I love that you wore something underneath the dress. it really added to it as well as the pint.

Courtney said...

Your hair looks so great that way. I knew you'd rock the bangs. ;)

August is getting so good with the camera. My favorite shot is the last of you and baby girl. The not quite focused look really works for this shot. :)

Brooke said...

I was so glad to see this post, you have been in my thoughts. As a wife and mother and etsy shopkeeper, it's so hard to find any time for myself. I marvel at those who seem to be able to do it all. (As I write this, my three year old is getting on my lap and it's past bedtime!) Hang in there, you are an inspiration to many!

alex*at*aufdemaur said...

I hate to hear things haven't been so good. I know a while back you talked about some issues that, well, I too am dealing with, so my heart always goes out to people like that in pain. (because, it's tooough sometimes!) but likewise, I CELEBRATE the times when I feel like I'm on the upswing, and am always happy for others that are too. :) I know I'm a stranger to you, but I truly mean what I say :)

On a lighter note, nice bangs! :D It's been a while since I've been here, so it took me a little bit to realize *what* was different lol

marjorie1940 said...

Really glad to have you back! I've been following your blog since I found you through Vixen Vintage. Your whole (extended) family seems so wonderfully weird and deliciously different and obviously close.......I am envious! In my family, I am the "odd girl out".......at least, I give them something to talk about! Keep up the blogging......
it's a fun part of my day!
Cynthia (Marjorie1940)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...