Monday, July 12, 2010

Palmer Wirfs Antique Expo

This past weekend was the Portland Antique Expo - Summer Edition. I picked Solanah up in the wee hours of the morning, and we made the short trek to the exposition center to get our vintage on. I wore a wonderful dress of Solanah's that once belonged to Coedith, and Amy of Team Jessup. This dress is like the village bicycle (hehehe..) It was perfect for the extremely warm weather.
We went on dealer day/early entry day so we got first pick on lots and lots of superb vintage. We also came across many fun 50s bras, that begged to be tried on. I found myself wearing underwear on the outside several times that day.
While we were shopping around Lulu's Booth, we ran into Julie of Fab Gabs Vintage, where we snapped this shot and then took a time out for strawberry lemonade.
At one point my Crinoline began to slip down and was completely hanging out the back of my dress, so in the vacant parking lot I had to rearrange myself, thank goodness Solanah was there to capture this important moment. /sarcasim.

When we got home and sorted out all our goods, I felt very satisfied about our haul. I nabbed many 40s and 50s dresses, and got myself a beautiful strapless bullet bra and seamed stockings.
Nearly everything I bought was for my Etsy Shop, and much of it is listed, with more on the way!
The most wonderful find of the whole trip was the early 40s Maternity dress, it is the most exquisite thing I have ever found, so, expectant vintage mother's rejoice!

Dress is available HERE.

I can't wait til March when the Expo is back, and I can buy a metric ton of vintage all over again!
If you live in the pacific northwest it is a must-do event, I highly suggest checking it out.

8 comments:

art deco dame said...

you gals look adorable and that maternity dress is a fantastic find!!!

Carys said...

You guys all look so nice, your dress is just lovely!! I love that maternity dress too, I don't think I've ever seen a vintage on before!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Erica! said...

You look great! & your right abou that maternity dress! Amazing find!! I've never seen vintage maternity!

Erica
danired922.blogspot.com
danired922.etsy.com

Miss Lottie Lou said...

How much fun!! I want to come play!!
And that maternity dress is awesome, makes me wish I was pregnant lol
Lottie x

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

aww you made a happy pregnant lady!! I really love the petticoat and mentioned so on Solonah's blog!

Janey said...

Are you not going to go to the October show?

Twila Jean said...

Its possible I will be there in Oct. but its not as big, so I have only gone to that one once. we shall see :)

Nicole said...

I need to echo that the maternity dress is an amazing find!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...