Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Garden Party!

If there is any one thing I love to do most in life, it is throwing a dinner party. Because our new house is so small, it limits the type of parties I can throw. Instead of Christmas, or a formal sit down indoor dinner, I get to arrange outdoor soireés. I am in no way complaining about this, I love my yard, and the outdoor kitchen I have slowly been setting up. I had my sister in law and her husband over to dinner with us this week. I snipped some flowers out of my garden, and placed them in different sized mason jars on the table, and put yummy salsas in different tea cups.
We spent the warm summer afternoon sipping champagne mixed with various organic fruit juices, and topped with delicious strawberries. We made halibut fish tacos, and fruit salad. I love the flavors of summer so very much.

The kids colored on our outdoor kitchen floor with chalk, my Husband and Brother in law taught our 4 year old to ride a bike, and I watered the garden. It was such a lovely evening, I cant wait for the next summer eve's party.

6 comments:

Carys said...

Looks like a lovely party, and your hair is amazing, you look lovely!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

amy said...

I love your dishes with a the little blue anchor on them! I would love to have a yard and be able to throw a garden party and of course so I could have a garden! So much fun!

Coedith said...

Oh I love entertaining outdoors also. Just think if we lived where the weather allowed for more of it! Well maybe then we wouldn't appreciate it so much.

Anonymous said...

These are the prettiest pictures - looks like the perfect summer gathering. LOVE the flowers in mason jars and pretty setting. Makes me wish I had a yard so badly!!!

Iris said...

I hear ya about those amazing summer nights eating outside. I just recently moved into house after years of living in apartments and I finally just now have a yard. I enjoyed it so much I just did a blog about enjoying Margarittas and fresh crab ceviche in the backyard. Cheers to the many summer nights dining with friends and family!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I need to go in my yard more often, but I share my house with my landlord who lives in the downstairs apt. and I have known him my whole life and all, but I feel weird using his yard because he takes great care of it and I am afraid my boys will ruin it so (he has a veggie garden and flowers and it is pretty as can be). I know I pay for it and all but I feel weird. Let me play on your lawn. . .now I need a teleportation device to make it possible. haha. Lovely photos darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...