Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's A Birthday Party

In general I am pretty known for needing to be the center of attention, most all of the time. So I suppose it goes without saying my favorite day of the year is my birthday. Actually, I spend an entire weekend, sometimes a week, celebrating. My birthday is the day after the 4th of July, so I usually have lots of exciting things to do for the holiday.
This year I had a nice birthday party with lots and lots of friends. I love to play dress up, and thank goodness so do my friends! Everyone looked fabulous, and all of my favorite bloggers were there! It look like the paparazzi was in full force with how many people there had their cameras out, shooting snaps of each other.
I wore my favorite hat, the 1930s topper. I paired with a dress/slip designed by Solanah, which was amazingly beautiful! Solanah looked like a beehive goddess, and Coedith was sporting a very gorgeous teal number. Amy was out in her steampunk inspired garb, while her husband of Team Jessup was fitted in a nice vest. Gretchen made it out for a moment in a killer red 60s dress, that was very Mad Men! I must say, I have some of the most fashionable friends a girl could ask for.
After the drinks poured on, and the presents were opened the night sky grew dark. I guess this marks when the party got, hmm...partied. I kid, I kid, it was much fun, and everyone was properly toasted, and the pictures snapped away.
The night ended on a high note of Framboise, and images like this. Because who doesnt laugh hysterically while be super lady like and showing the world her legs? That's what I thought.

I had a wonderful birthday, with so many wonderful friends. I can't wait til next year to see what trouble I can stir up!

23 comments:

Sadie Rose said...

oh my. so freaking cute. where did you guys go??

Twila Jean said...

We just hit a local pub in town called BrickHouse. its in downtown vancouver.

Coedith said...

It was fun. Thanks for letting us old people hang out. The next time we get invited to a 24th bday party will probably be for one of our children. Oh no, Solanah will have to invite us. The laughing gams picture captures you perfectly.

Twila Jean said...

I am glad you made it! its was so fun.

And I know, my loudness, laughing, and legs, are pretty out of control.. most of the time. these are things I need to work on.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Happy (belated) birthday! You look stunning, and so do your friends :)

Emma said...

There are adorable! What a stunning colour dress you're wearing!

Bonita said...

You look beautiful! What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. I don't think I have ever seen such a fashional birthday soiree!

Carys said...

This is the most stylish group of people I've ever seen, you all look totally beautiful!! I love your dress and hat too, such a brave colour choice, but it looks simply amazing on you! Happy birthday!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Jenni said...

Oh my God, you look so awesome, like you should be in a 1950s movie musical! :D

In The Heyday said...

Happy Birthday - it looks like a beautiful evening

BaronessVonVintage said...

Just gorgeous! Happy Birthday!

Lolita Haze said...

You are so stinking cute!! Happy Birthday!

Emily Kennedy said...

Beautiful! Happy birthday little lady!

ina said...

You look really good, that dress and hat are just gorgeous. Happy belated birthday!

Sara Kristiina said...

Gorgeous photos! You are fabulous (:

-Sara

Debi said...

Happy Birthday! the hat and dress are AMAZING! You looked absolutely stunning!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Oh wow. I am in love with the dress!!!! Nicely worn and put together. Happy birthday to you!

Overseas Calls said...

I recently found your blog off of the Fedora Lounge and then a link off your blog for the Portland Antiques Expo coming up (I know - links upon links!) and I figured this would be a good place to ask: can you find any reasonably priced 30s or 40s dresses at these expos? I'm talkin cheeeeaaap!?

Overseas Calls said...

PS: I should probably say Happy Birthday too while asking for advice!

Ligeia said...

glad you had so much fun! I adore your dress missy

xoox

Désirée said...

Hi!
My birthday is also the 7th of July!
Kind Regards

Miss Lottie Lou said...

Ahh you looked amazing!!
I love that last photo :)
Lottie x

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! You look gorgeous and I am deadly jealous of that hat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...