Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Its a Sew Date

After a long delay in matching schedules, it finally worked out that I could visit my friend Gretchen and attempt to sew up a 1957 summer top. The only hitch? All 3 of our kids would be there too. It actually worked out well as Gretchen has a huge sewing room and playrooms for the children!
I was super excited to find this pattern because I have a tiny scrap of this amazing teal fabric with coral flowers on it I have been dying to use. Perfect amount to make one V-neck bra top!
In reality, in 4 hours, we each only got half of our tops done. Oh well... it would seem everything moves in slow motion when kids are involved. After a while of sewing and snack time, we took the kids out to play in the over-cast weather. It was a lovely little afternoon, and I think we are set for another sew date next week.

10 comments:

art deco dame said...

aw yes kids are great at that!hehe glad you had a good time

Miss Lottie Lou said...

Ooo it looks so cute! Can't wait to see it finished :)
Lottie x

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

I know how that can be! I have a sew date today but my little girl has her first tooth popping through, so I don't know if she will let me do anything today.

Casey Maura said...

Oh wow--that fabric is fantastic! I can't wait to see the resulting top. ;)

The photos are so cute, btw!! :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Atomic Mama said...

anyone with kids can relate dear. at least you got a little bit done. getting anything done is a victory within itself!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

well great job on all the hard work you put into getting that part done!!! That's great!!

Erica! said...

That sounds like lots of fun!!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable top!

Anonymous said...

Whew! Busy girl! I can't sew to save my life, let alone understand patterns. What does a schmuckatelly like me do to pick up the talent?

Best regards from Chicago,
Darlene

http://vintagenotionsandwhatnot.blogspot.com/

Bombshell Bettie said...

that looks soooo cute! URRRG you are making me want to sew sooo bad! I need dresses for summer and cute little tops. le sigh. I can't wait to see it all finished. That fabric is lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...