Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thrift in the City

It was a beautiful day here, so Solanah, Baby Margaux, and I hit the town to get some goodies for my etsy shop! On the way down Margaux needed sun protection with Solanah's sunglasses she got from Art Deco Dame.
I looked like half-dead rubbish today, so excuse me. My hot sticks have not been doing the trick lately. Solanah was sweet enough to take my full outfit picture (but I deleted it haha). This trusty dress is on its last leg, and I tore a bigger hole in it today, so it looks like its time to retire it. I will miss this lovely blue dress.
While out shopping I stubled upon some darling formal goodies for the shop, as well as a simply delightful summer dress. All in all, a wonderful day spent in wonderful company.

7 comments:

Betty2Tone said...

I HATE when clothes you love get too old to wear anymore! :( I feel your pain!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Glad you had a successful outing, but I am sad your favorite blue dress must be retired. I hate it when that happens.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Heidi said...

Your daughter is so cute:D thank you for your sweet comment.. I'll be happy to make that hat for you -I'll go buy the materials I need Monday and I can probably have it done by the end of the week. And I might be up for a swap say perhaps for the lovely black bustier bra in your Etsy shop? Hugs

Heidi said...

..and thank you for following..

Unknown said...

Found osme vintage 3/4 length gloves yesterday in of all places, an electronics shop! The owner has set aside one section of the shop for thrift goods. I was shocked when I slipped on the gloves and they fit. Sorry about the dress. Maybe you can rip it apart at the seams and use it for a pattern for a new one?

Unknown said...

hello, i am a new reader to your blog, but long-time vintage lover and thrift hound. just a quick point of clarification...

please differentiate between thrift store purchases and those made at second-hand shops, such as the one in this post. while both are recycling and reusing clothing (and therefore awesome!), i feel there is a big difference in the overall shopping experience. for instance, someone has already pre-selected the items at a second-hand store. shopping there, you are far more likely to find quality vintage goods than in an average thrift shop.

if this seems nit-picky, just keep in mind that your readers are also gathering info on the portland vintage/thrift/second-hand opportunities and accuracy is appreciated!

Twila Jean said...

Trust me. I am well aware of the difference. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...