Monday, April 19, 2010

The Epic Vintage Buy

I wish I would have captured more photographic evidence of my buy at a collectors house this weekend. The collector happens to be a friend of mine, and it was a blast to sip wine and dig through endless piles of vintage frocks. In the end, I came home with several really amazing pieces, heading to the shop this week. I nabbed a few 40s evening gowns, some darling 30s day dresses, and a couple 50s dresses.
I am dreadfully in love with the 30s brown and pink dress! its AMAZING. There are many more dresses than just these shown above. My closet/living room is overflowing with goodies. I made a few other buys the day before which include a floor length 50s prom dress! I simply and completely cant resist good vintage.

After this weekend vintage free for all, I had a photoshoot with Vorpal Images. We were shooting some dresses for Dismantled Fashions. I snapped this quick shot when I got home, of how my hair and make-up looked at the shoot.
I can't wait to see the final shots, as Vorpal never ceases to blow me away with their awesome photographic skills. Of course, I will share the final shots with you when I get them. Hope you all had a good weekend, I am off to photograph all the goods I bought this weekend, and get them listed in my etsy shop!

11 comments:

art deco dame said...

can't wait to see the goodies make it into your shop and your hair and makeup look great!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Love the hair and makeup. I still cant figure out how to do victory rolls on my slippery thin hair. So I make do by envying yours :).

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Poke Salad Annie said...

looks like you hit the vintage jackpot! love the hair n makeup too :)

BaronessVonVintage said...

oh, congrats on the great vintage motherload!!! You look gorgeous as always!

Unknown said...

You look lovely!

Carys said...

Beautiful finds, and AMAZING hair as always!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Stefanie Valentine said...

You look fantastic! And i can't wait to see those goodies in the shop! xx

Janey said...

That green dress is to die for!! I adore it. What fabulous finds!

Jiving Ivy said...

What kind of prices did you pay for the dresses?
x

Twila Jean said...

Jiving... more than I would like to admit, I have never spent this much on pieces ever. But they were so So good :)

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post!? I'm such a blogger slacker. You look lovely, I love the hair!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...