Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hitting the Town with Solanah

I know, I mention her a lot, but seriously, Solanah is nearly my bestest of friends. I am quite fortunate to have a chum who is into vintage, and shopping and best of all, likes my kids! Yesterday we hit the town, doing what we do best: thrift. We headed to portland, and scored quite well vintage wise. After, we shared lunch on Hawthorne, at Bread and Ink Cafe.
I love the above group of pictures, I feel it really identifies my main interests in life. Beer, Food, and Shopping. You would not believe how much food I ordered at lunch, enough for a family I am sure.

Here is a sneak peak at what I scored for my Etsy Shop, and one little dress that I am keeping all for me... The red one with the stripe bow. Seriously then, would you sell it? No, I think not.
Expect these new goodies later this week. Plus a few more pieces, including a decadent 40s rayon dress. Oh, how I love the thrill and excitement that comes along with buying vintage frocks!

14 comments:

A said...

That red dress is just so cute!

Malayka said...

Wow you found some very cute things! There is nothing better than a best friend who understands you. Sadly mine lives half way around the world so we only get to say each other about every two years but its always amazing when we do hang out!

Bombshell Bettie said...

That red dress is so amazing, you're such a bombshell in it! can't wait to see the new listings :)

Kori said...

I love these! This red adorable dress is to die for! Hope you enjoy them...Kori xoxo

Twila Jean said...

OH Nicole, you are TOO sweet <3

Yes, yes I love that red dress SO much!

Naomi Vida said...

cute dresses! love that bow.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

you are so lucky to be near somewhere you can pick up these things! We have nowhere near here for thrifting. Although maybe that's a good thing I'd be out there every day!!

Ally said...

New follower here. Very cute stuff!

FourthGradeNothing.com

Miss Emmi said...

I kinda love the pink sheath dress. Here's hoping it is in my size, I owe myself a present for, err, let's say working on my assignment so hard today. Any excuse!

Angel said...

Some great finds!!!

Let me know about the trade, I've packaged the suit for you already.

sarah said...

Those dresses are beautiful! I can understand why you wouldn't want to sell that red one - It's lovely!

Twila Jean said...

Angel- I spaced it again. How awful of me?!?! I know! I need a vacation so I can refresh my brains. lol.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments <3

melina bee said...

the dress you scored for yourself is amazing. sssoooo flirty, it's perhaps illegal.
melina bee

Bellybalt said...

Oh Hawthorne District, how fun you are! Wish you could live in P-town again!

And the bow is just too cute! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...