Monday, March 1, 2010

Doing the Jitterbug

I had the immense pleasure to meet with the creator of Jitterbuggin last week. Her name is Kim and she is a complete delight! She graciously allowed me to photograph her workspace to share with you all, and fed me chips and wine while we chatted about business!
She works out of her Portland home studio making fantastic 30s and 40s reproduction pieces. While she admits she does not enjoy sewing when she is not inspired, she has a stunning vision for vintage design. Beyond bolts of fabric and cute thread lined doorways, hangs some custom made garments waiting to go out. The fabric is delicious and high quality, and all the seams and stitches are finished to perfection.

(click to enlarge.)
I was so happy to get to meet with her and take a look at her line up close, so I could be sure that it was great quality product. It is, It really is! Gosh, that sounded cheesy, ha ha. All in all I had a lovely afternoon with a great seamstress, and just wanted to share my visit with you all.

You can find some really great wardrobe staples in Kim's shop. Blouses, trousers, swim wear and more. Now, don't you want to go check it out?
Jumper and Middy Blouse $150.00

40s Style Swim Suit $120.00

30s/40s Overalls (the come in other colors!) $115.00

You can also chat with Kim on Twitter and Facebook!


12 comments:

Naomi Vida said...

that bathing suit is sooo cute! will have to check it out, thanks for the heads up!

Unknown said...

Wow looks like some great garments! Must check her out, thanks!

Solanah said...

Gosh her work is so cute, that swimsuit!

Miss Lottie Lou said...

I love her stuff. Her workspace is so neat and tidy, it makes mine look terrible! And her sewing chair is cute. That's so cool you got to go visit her :)
Lottie

Andi B. Goode said...

I've been eying off her stuff on etsy for ages, now. I just wish I wasn't so poor!
-Andi x

Bombshell Bettie said...

she's amazing! That thread above the doorway tickles me pink, what a cute idea.
I want to order some of her pants sooo bad. I think you've inspired me to save up my money hunny and do just that.

art deco dame said...

some dang good stuff =)

InkyW said...

I just ordered a custom made sailor blouse from Kim yesterday!! She's been SUPER helpful with fabric choices, design options and measurements. What a pleasure to deal with for sure!

Unknown said...

I must have that sewing room chair! Please ask her where she got it. I am assuming she had to modify it from something else?

Great post. I am inspired!

23SkidooWithYou said...

Totally jealous!

It must have been a really fun visit and I would have gone bonkers with all those great garments just laying around. I'll be sure to check out her site, but I think I might already have her saved in my favorites! I too LOVE the sewing chair, it's the fringe detail...yummy!

Stefanie Valentine said...

I ordered some trousers and a shirt from her a while back, she very kindly listened to my dozens of emails and trekked around to find the perfect material for me- what a star!
I could easily order everything from her shop, they are all gorgeous! xx

Julie said...

i want one of everything she makes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...