Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday Stripes

My weekend has been spent in petticoats and spectacular stockings. I am such a sucker for unusual leg-wear, I can't pass it up. The husband was kind enough to buy me a pair of vertical stripe stockings, and I wish I could live in them, they are too much fun!
Here is a view of my weekend attire, stockings included of course.
Outfit details include a red 40s suit jacket, 50s black velvet skirt, 50s white petticoat, vertical stripe stockings, and modern shoes with a vintage flair. Everything about my outfit, except the stockings is 100% thrifted. I am such a Frugal Frannie, I love to save money and wear old clothes.

Hope you all had a splendid weekend! Next up, pictures of our new house. We are moving into the 1941 Bungalow this weekend! Huzzah!

14 comments:

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Eek! LOVE your outfit, especially the stockings and shoes!!!

Desiree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desiree said...

You look great! The shoes, the stockings, the petticoats, the jacket...quiet an outfit. Hats off to you, ma'am. [had to delete the last post; it was rife with typos]

Esz said...

Just love those stockings! Totally my kind of thing too. I'm almost looking forward to winter when I can start stocking up for the seasons legwear :-D

Treacle said...

They're great! And red is absolutely your color.

Twila Jean said...

Thanks everyone!

Yeah Treacle I admit a large majority of my closet is red.. it just seems to fit me so well :D

Nana said...

You look gorgeous! I admire you and your blog is a great inspiration for me. Best regards from Poland! :)

Ligeia said...

absolutely love them and they suit you so well!!

fantastic outfit <3

23SkidooWithYou said...

You do red so well! The stockings are cute but it's the announcement that you are moving into the Bungalow (with the built-ins) that has me truly excited! Bon Chance, you guys!

Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! Those shoes are to die for, according to this high-heels-vintage-style-shoe-freak! :)

Charlotte said...

LOVING the outfit - and those stockings are utterly fabulous. I want a pair - I'm off to hunt for my own! xx

alex*at*aufdemaur said...

Oh super cute! You just gave me a great idea- I also happen to have a velvety vintage [looking] black skirt, and I love to layer... I'll def be looking into getting a petticoat. And I totally love any kind of "unusual legwear" too :D

Charlotte said...

totally bought myself a pair of vertical stripe tights! (and I also just linked to you from my blog Tuppence Ha'penny)

Anonymous said...

Those shoes! That hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...