Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our(likely) 1941 Bungalow

As you may have read, our offer on the ugly ranch in the suburbs fell through (Thank Goodness!)
We spent a few more days sifting through a small stack of houses, til a gem dropped its price... right into our range. How delightful right?
We arrived at the 1941 Bungalow late in the evening, and immediately fall in love. The warm flow of Oil heat kept us cozy and warm as we admired all the original 40s fixtures and detail. We came home and wrote an offer right away!

Our offer was accepted and we are moving through the slow and obnoxious process of home buying. Hopefully if our stars align, we will be in our new home by early February.

Tuesday was our inspection, and I had a good feeling, because I pulled off a perfect horizontal pin-curl wave! That must account for some sort of good luck right?


I brought little Miss Margaux along for the inspection and we waited as our house was evaluated from Roof to Foundation. Naturally, instead of sitting around waiting, I took pictures of the place to share with all of you. Click any image to enlarge.




Of course there will be many more pictures to come during this exciting transition in our lives. I felt it only fair to give you all a sampling of the cutest house I could ever ask for. I am so happy and can not wait for closing so I can move in and get cozy.

26 comments:

The Golden Age said...

congrats! I'm so glad you held out. I had the similar situation when buying my first place. Can't wait to see more!

A said...

Lovely looking house! I have a 1920s bungalow, and they are fantastic. Home buying is a hassle, but the second choice is usually the best (Mine worked out that way).

A perfect pin curl is a good sign for wonderful events to come.

Best Wishes,
Amanda

art deco dame said...

Im SO happy you dont have to "make due" with the ranch and got your 40's bungalow!

weenie_elise said...

looks beautiful!

Twila Jean said...

Thank you everyone. I am so excited that everything seemed to work out in the end :)

In The Heyday said...

Wee Hee! Much more your style, and such gorgeous details. Just as well the ranch was there to make you bide your time (and just as well it fell through!)

BaronessVonVintage said...

YAY! Congrats! I'm a 40s brick house owner and LOVE it. I think you look just perfect, right at home!!!

Miss Emmi said...

Congratulations! It looks in really good nick too. Can't wait to see what you do to the place!

Scientific Housewife said...

Congrats, that is very exciting!

Casey Maura said...

Oh! How exciting!!! A 40s house is just the perfect thing--I do hope everything goes well as you finish all the stuff involved in buying a house. :)

*sigh* Seeing these photos makes me remember why I really, really want to have a house from the 20s, 30s, or 40s. (When we are ready to buy--which won't be for a few years! ;)

Can't wait to see more pics!!!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Sydney B. said...

What a sweet little house! So glad you waited, the right one always comes along when you are not expecting it too!

XOXO,
Syd

Kat said...

Congrats on the house! It looks lovely.

Maggi said...

Wowowowow, a beautiful house AND fabulous hair! Congratulations!!!

InkyW said...

the stars aligned! i am not new-agey or religious at all, but I have noticed if you wait long enough, just the right thing will come along that you are searching for. My great-grandma Helen, who I was lucky to have in my life until I was in my mid-30's, always told me, "honey, the reason it's in the last place you look is because then you stop looking." It doesn't always go for lost things, I've learned ;) If I've learned nothing else in life, I've learned never to "settle."

Congrats - the house looks lovely!!

Lipstick Chick said...

One, you look really beautiful in that picture--your hair IS perfect!

And secondly, the house is so adorable! Congrats on the find!

www.thelipsticklist.blogspot.com

sarah said...

That's just wonderful! Clearly the ugly ranch was not meant to be. ;) I'm so glad that it worked out for you and that you got what you wanted. Those photos look just adorable - and it has built in shelves! Congrats, and best of luck as you start the transition process. Have fun!

Twila Jean said...

Yes I agree, the ugly ranch was a blessing in disguise to help us wait til this gem came into our price range :) I am happy!

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Yay! Congrats!! What a great house!

Antiorder said...

Your hair and house is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Built-ins! Hardwood floors! JACKPOT!!!! This is going to be SUCH an awesome house to spruce up.

But who allowed Margeaux to grow up? I remember when she was ITTY BITTY! :)

Felicia_Ceballos said...

Congrats! It looks like such a beautiful house.

alex*at*aufdemaur said...

yay! i can't wait to see it when it's all fixed up! (that is, if you take pics and all haha) I love 40s homes!
*Love the pincurls and your shoes by the way! adorable!!

Jennilee said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more pics!

P.S. Love your shoes!

esme and the laneway said...

Oh wow it looks amazing! Congratulations!

Miss Cherry said...

That house seems to be just rigth for you! Congratulations!

Treacle said...

3 posts in and I'm addicted. You go on the blogroll! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...