Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Heirloom Xmas

As promised, here at the pictures of our tree completed. We always use ornaments sparingly. We always decorate with red and silver, with a mix of vintage and modern glass balls. The Stockings are hung by the chimney with care... Stockings handmade by me! I made them last year out of wool felt, and I love the way they came out. I really feel that making your family stockings, is a simple way to make an heirloom piece that will be remembered for many years.
I still have the stocking my great grandma made me as a baby. My grandma has the one she made her as well, (circa 1955!)

I found many cool resources online to make my own stockings, and just kind of blindly jumped in and went for it. I think they turned out quite festive!


(click to enlarge all images!)
The following morning we set up the wooden trains on the coffee table, and when I came back in the room Margaux had climbed into the center and was going Godzilla on the poor wooden people. It made for a lovely picture though.

Stay tuned! Tomorrow holds a post about our new house. The inspection was yesterday, and the appraisal is next week! I have pictures of us hanging out for the inspection of our 1941 bungalow. It's all extremely exciting. See you tomorrow!


5 comments:

Lara said...

Wait, no 1970s ranch?? You got a bungalow?!? I am so jealous! I pray the inspection goes well for you.

And I dont have any kids to go Godzilla on my Christmas decor but I do have a very obnoxious kitty named Madeline that likes to play with the gnomes and swans in my village under my tree (there are pics in my last post). They arent toys! :)

Julie said...

love the pic of your daughter with the brio trains! how exciting about the house... can't wait to see pics!

Twila Jean said...

no 1970s ranch the seller backed out :( oh well. we got lucky and stumbled upon a 1941 bungalow in downtown! we are loving it :D :D :D

Maggi said...

Your tree is lovely and your stocking are perfect! Good luck with the inspection!

Scientific Housewife said...

Very cute, I'm glad things are going well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...