Thursday, November 12, 2009

How To Wash Rayon

Take a moment to remember yesterday's post on random findings at the Goodwill Bins. Good, you have it...
While were were sifting through pounds of smelly clothing, I happened upon a book from 1951. It is called, "Home-Making for Teenagers" and is a delightful little book full of resources on, well, making a home.

I decided I would select certain sections to scan, so blog readers out there could enjoy it as well. My first choice was something any collector of old clothes needs to know...
How to wash Rayon.

So if you will click to enlarge you will see the full scan on how Rayon was cared for in 1951.
Well, there you have it. Now you know how to safely launder your rayon duds. I hope you enjoyed.

9 comments:

The Golden Age said...

Hey thanks!
I just got a "100% rayon" dress in the mail and was wondering just how I'd wash it! Coincidence! thanks again :)

Andi B. Goode said...

Ooh, brill! Thanks. This is sure handy.
-Andi x

Twila Jean said...

yeah I figured this was the most handy page in the book, so practical still! Thanks for reading guys!

Anonymous said...

I also just bought a rayon dress for $5.00, and on the tag it said "Dry clean only". Well, I thought there had to be another way of cleaning it -- the old fashioned way, of course. So, thank you so much for posting! The timing could not have been more perfect.

Maria

jen said...

this is very helpful, thank you! i've just bought 2 pieces of vintage rayon and i really don't want to take them to the cleaners.

cynthia said...

Super post! I love that you posted the page in its entirety. What a treat! Thanks!

Julie said...

Perfect! Found Mom's "trousseau" from the 1940s with 5 rayon slips & negligees buried among stuff in the basement. Mostly clean but smelly.

Unknown said...

Amazing tutorial, thanks for this and visit mine at Asfa Drivers.Bapak Naga.Cars Auto Review

Unknown said...

i have apply yours tutorial asus a450l driver

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...