Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rained Out.

Solanah and I did our weekly trip to Oregon to gather vintage wares for out Etsy Shops: Exquisite Bones and Solanah. This week was exceptionally rainy, and our curled hair suffered accordingly. Sadly, it was mostly a bust shopping wise.. Although I did score a 50s SWIRL dress, which I will be listing this week I hope.
After a dissapointing shopping experience, we headed home, but popped in to get some thai food. I can't describe to you how cool that was for me. I have two kids, I am nearlry always with said children. I never. ever. go to lunch with friends. So I really had a good time gobbling down some red curry with Solanah.
After lunch Solanah did her good deed, and helped me clean up at my store that closed last week. It's a very overwhelming mess of two years worth of junk, products, and shelves. It feels like it will never end. But we did accomplish a bit of clearing and cleaning, and I am very thankful I have great friends who help me when I need it.

Solanah snapped these shots of me in between downpours yesterday. In the second picture I am pointing at my leg where I ran the holy heck out of my stockings. Poor stockings.

Click to enlarge.
Jacket: Moden Forever 21(thrift seond hand)
Skirt: 40s jantzen from Solanah
Shoes: cool repro Oxfords I thrifted.

You can tell my curls were falling out because of the lovely NorthWest weather. I still find it schocking to see pictures of me with dark hair. I have not quite adjusted to it yet.

4 comments:

Solanah said...

Glad you enjoyed our little outing :) I know it can be difficult to go out to eat with kids, wiping little mouths and such.

Let me know if you need me at your shop again, I'm available tomorrow and Saturday. Seriously, I love cleaning ;)

esme and the laneway said...

You look great – I love the skirt! And dark hair?! It looks lovely!
(My stockings had a massive run yesterday, and it was only their second outing. Grr)

esme and the laneway said...

also I am amazed that you found a swirl dress but it was a bad shopping trip! Those kinds of things are very, very rarely in Melbourne op shops!!! You guys are so lucky!

Unknown said...

Oooooooh, you found a Swirl! What size is it and how much are you asking?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...