Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sorry Blog Following Buddies

I must apologize for my lack of posting...
I am going through a rough time in my life, and I have a three year old who is suffering massive tantrums daily, so it's been hard to keep up on blogging. This blog has been such a nice and peaceful outlet for me, so I will make a more solid attempt at writing. I am so delighted to have the followers I have on my blog, and you all always have the most wonderful things to say. Thank you all for being a part of my tiny web space.

On a side note (or two, or three)....
My birthday is in 2 weeks, and I cant be more excited for it. We are having my party the same night as our local car show, so that should be so much fun.
If you happen to be the kind of person who loves sending greeting cards, you should post me a birthday card, I am a sucker for the nostalgia of "snail mail correspondence"
My store's address is
Shayla
1705 Broadway
Vancouver, WA 98663


Also, if you are a new reader on my blog and have not seen our Give-Away Post for the book Vintage Hairstyling, you can check it out here and enter to win! But hurry it ends June 30th!

And if you are local to the Portland Metro area, you should come out to the Rose City Round-Up this Saturday at Jubitz. I will be there, visiting all of my lovely friends who have booth's of rockabilly clothing, cool photography, Trophy Queen hand bags, and of course checking out some awesome cars. It will be fun for sure, and there will be many lovely people out and about. You should definetly make it out if you can.

7 comments:

Meaghan Kelly said...

I wish I lived in that area! that sounds like fun! Happy birthday to you !!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Ugh, I too have kids with temper tantrums. My 4 year old has always been my 'easy' kid as compared to my 6 year old, but recently he has been throwing some doozy fits. What works for me is, I just pick them up and put them in their room to yell and scream. I tell them when they are finished they can come out.

I have found this works very well with my older boy who is often just letting off some steam. It doesn't work quite as well for my younger boy, who is often still upset even after he calms down. So with him, I will sit down and cuddle with him while watching a tv show. This often does the trick.

Good luck!

Lizzy said...

hi! this is my first time in your blog, so I'll check what u said.

Karen said...

Hi. Great blog! Fun reading & great pics!

esme and the laneway said...

That sounds great, the car show tc would be so much fun :) I hope you have a great time!

Keith said...

Good luck with everything. I wish you the best. Have a great upcoming birthday. Cheers!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Hi there fellow July birthday girl, I absolutely adore snail mail too and will be zipping a card (look for a postmark from Ontario, Canada) your way the very next time I'm near a mail box!

Happy countdown until your b-day, sweetie!!! :)

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...