Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Delineator!

My latest acquisition is this lovely 30s pattern.
I picked it up at this insane "vintage" shop in town here. The owner is almost completely off her rocker, but she has some fantastic hidden gems once in a while.
I have practically cleared her out pattern wise. Every time I go in, I ask if I can dig in the back room (where she keeps the patterns) and I buy all that I can afford. This shop is only 5 blocks from my house, so it's so easy to stop by all the time. Even if I have to put up with her total lunacy.
I scored this pattern in my size for $2.00!
Now I just need Solanah to get a Monday off, and we are going to have a sewing party!

8 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

It's funny how some people hide in the back room the treasures we seek out! Great pattern...can't wait to see how it looks sewn together!

Darla: Retro Ways said...

I would love to hear your stories about this lady.


Such a great pattern I cant wait to see your finished dress.
♥Darla

rebecka said...

Awesome!

art deco dame said...

cute!hope your sewing party goes smoothly!

Solanah said...

Oh thats so cute!

Maybe Chris will come home early....

Solanah said...

Oh, and in a box at the shop I found a sewing book from 1930, maybe she will let us borrow it, it would be a great companion, it's even specifically for Butterick/Delineator.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pattern!

Joules said...

That's a fine pattern, and how nice that the fun shop is so conveniently located! And you are living close to Solanah as well? That's great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...