Sunday, May 24, 2009

Riding the waves.


Trolling around the internet last night I came across an old post from the livejournal group, Vintage Hair.
Its a pretty solid tutorial on finger waves, which I have always been so-so at accomplishing.
I thought to myself, why? Why don't I fingerwave my hair more often? It fits the era I love perfectly.
So began my testing stage:

Clamp those babies down with Wave Clamps:

Grab a glass of wine, a bonnet dryer, and a book with 30s inspiration pictures
(alter this step as needed):

I pincurled the bottom and the back of my hair, so I brushed those out FIRST
then I patted the finger waves smooth with my hand. NO BRUSH!

All in all, the evening before (the wine andthe book) the waves turned out like rubbish, so I had to re-set it.
The "after" picture was from today, on the way to the farmers market!
I had a date with my son and he looks quite pleased over the whole event
I also forget every time I post, to share with you fine friends, my very first pair of high waisted shorts.
I dont like shorts, I have not worn a pair of shorts since I was somewhere near 10 years old. It's still taking some getting used to, but I am loving the high waisted wonderful-ness of it all:





8 comments:

art deco dame said...

you are adorable!

esme and the laneway said...

Oh, fantastic! I have struggled with pin curls for a bit, because I have super straight silky hair, but I am getting it bleached this weekend which will make the texture easier to work with (and the colour more fun :D ) I can't wait to try finger waving, so far it has just seemed too hard, so thanks for the ink and the tips! I love the hair dryer hood too, that's awesome!

A said...

I have no luck with waves or pin curls either but your hair looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Lovely.

Poke Salad Annie said...

your hair looks wonderful! i've never tried finger waves, though i've always wanted to. maybe now i will! thanks!

Casey said...

Those waves look fantastic!

The Vintage Stylist said...

at least you have the legs to pull off high-waisted shorts... i know i don't!

lauren said...

i have been trying to fingerwave my hair since I was in high school, never with any luck! can you please come over and do my hair for me? Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...