Friday, May 8, 2009

Darling Dungarees

At the top of my vintage "To-Do" list:
High-Waisted Jeans.
So far the most authentic reproduction I have spotted are the Jeans by
Freddies Of Pinewood
The come in different colors/washes and they even have the dungaree overalls!
Sadly, they are based out of the UK, like so many other wonderful Repro brands, so the shipping is steep.
These jeans thus far are too rich for my blood, but so so cute.
The retail at around $66.00 US, and after all my interweb searching, you can not find them used at all!
So, if you need jeans, might I suggest Freddies of Pinewood!
And if you happen to be rich you can buy me a pair in a 26" waist thanks!

8 comments:

Capa said...

I have wanted a pair of Freddies FOREVER, but sadly he doesn't seem to cater for curvier ladies : (

Anonymous said...

I've seen them on Ebay used only once.

There is a seller on Ebay who ships from Texas. I was sure it was them - blucap

http://stores.ebay.com/freddies-OF-PINEWOOD_W0QQsspagenameZL2222QQtZkm

Although everything on there now is shipping from the UK

I have one pair and they are really tight on the hips which seems to be the main problem people have with them. But they're really cute and look like authentic vintage

Twila Jean said...

Yeah trixie- I hear that from many people about the hips.
but their measuremnts are exactly my proportions, so I think they will fit well.
I am a 26"
34"
which is what they list their jeans as.

Miss Tayva said...

I dunno, I know some very curvy girls who have some Freddies jeans.

I've been eyeing these for a couple of years now, but have never ordered... I forget :-)

I'm wondering if they're like the typical high-waisted jean, that gives the wearer a flat butt (even though they don't have one).

Anonymous said...

Yep they fit my measurements perfectly too according to the size chart but they're tight in the hips.

Miss Tayva they give me a flat rear

But they are still very cute!

Tina said...

Have to check that out on their site...just for a peek!

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Ohhhh how I have wanted a pair of freddies dungarees forever.
♥Darla

MJ's Herbals said...

The 40's style jeans look cute from the front but usually are REALLY unflattering butt flatteners! The online shops don't usually give a rear view.

I emailed a few and suggested sweetly :) to include back shots.
pants need to be flattering to the posterior or FORGET ABOUT IT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...