Monday, April 13, 2009

tweaker sale score

Every summer the house down the street from me has this huge crazy sale. Things are in garbage bags and boxes.
There is usually a mass of old books and weird trinkets. On a giant tarp they throw bags of clothing out for people to sift through. Its a crazy, tweaker sale/outdoor flea market/estate type sale.
I have scored dresses there in the past, of which I have sold and moved on from.
This year though, I nabbed this little frock, which I am thinking is late 40s early 50s. Its robins egg blue, and has ecru colored HANDMADE lace doilies on the sides!
It is rather damaged, the lace that is, and the dress itself has a few stains. But I will wear the heck out of it any how.
It was well worth the $8.00 I spent on it.




The same day I got this dress we through a party for my daughters first birthday.
She did not really want her picture taken, and would turn away every time we tried. these are the best two:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaaawwwww cute little baby face!!!
She's adorable!

I love your hair. You remind me of Betty Draper on Mad Men

art deco dame said...

Your wee one is so cute!Oh and I love that dress good score!

sarah jane and bentley said...

Awesome dress - and your daughter is adorable!!

Love your blog!

Brook said...

Nice! Do you think the doilie is original to the dress or sewn on later when its owner decided it needed a new look? I've had a couple of doilie embellished dresses in the past and I always wondered if they were actually manufactured that way or the product of a creative fifties fashionista.

Shannon said...

I would like to point out that tweaker sale score is quite possibly the BEST post title ever in the history of blogging. And I love teh blue of that dress.

Your daughter is gorgeous! You'll have to be stealthy and get some shots when she thinks you're not pointing the camera at her (I have to do this with my son)

Darla: Retro Ways said...

You are so pretty and your baby is adorable....I just adore your blog.
xxx Darla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...