Friday, April 10, 2009

Modern Miss

I am not usually all that into the "rockabilly retro" styles, i.e. cherry swing dresses and lucky 13 clothing type stuff.
I am much more inclined to buy real vintage or vintage reproduction, but my heart fluttered a bit when I saw this little number over at BabyGirlBoutique (which happens to be from my town!)
The Leopard Pin-up Girl Swimsuit!
You can not tell me that this suit is not HOT!
You can buy it HERE for $98.00

But as it turns out til Midnight on April 13th they are having a spring sale!
25% off anything!
the Promo-Code is "Spring-09"

Using that code makes this Suit only $73.50
Which is less than what I paid for my Esther Williams suit 2 years ago!




Use the code to get all kinds of goodies in the shop too like, they have a few vintage inspired brands, and a small selection of underpinnings that are quite vintage-esque.
They have stockings too, I think they are just the leg avenue stockings, but they are pretty inexpensive.
Go, shop, and look fantastic doing it!



Babygirl Boutique - Pulse Quickening Retro, Rockabilly & Indie Clothing, Jewelry, Shoes & Accessories!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

What exactly is 'retro and rockabilly' and how is it different than vintage? I'm curious!

Twila Jean said...

I mean like Rockabilly fashions and brands. they are different..

rockabilly is a more punk rock, leopard print, bright colors and cherries type thing.

I prefer to wear real vintage clothing, like every day wear.
if you look around that website, you will see lots of rockabilly styles, which is not really what I am into.
I like real simple lovely vintage.

The Vintage Stylist said...

random question... do you use a crinoline skirt (if you wear swing dresses or circle skirts)? if so, where did you get yours/what brand?

Twila Jean said...

you can wear a crinoline ot complete the look!
those dresses look best with one.
I see them on ETSY all the time.

I like the vintage ones best. the new ones are made of tulle and are scratchy.

Capa said...

See, I love rockabilly stuff, leopard print and all that jazz. It's a cool, affordable way to dress IF you don't buy all the brand stuff.

I do love vintage but A: it's very expensive and B: Trying to find plus size vintage is hellish

Capa said...

Oh yeah, Esther Williams has a fab range of retro look swimsuits. pricey but divine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...