Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pre-Historic Patterns


There is a house on my short drive to work, that has been for sale for a few months. Its a big old Craftsman style, and I love it. I really wanted to buy it, until I noticed a "Sale Pending" sign the other morning.
Well yesterday, I am driving along, oogling the house, and I notice a tiny sign in the front yard, "Garage Sale."
I slam on breaks and run inside, and it turns out to be a completely un-advertised Estate Sale. The only thing I saw that I wanted in my quick glance, was a giant box of patterns marked, "$10 for all"
So I took them all, as you can plainly see. Most were from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Above is a picture of the best ones! I am quite happy with my score, and watch ETSY, as I will be listing the ones I can bear to part with soon.


In other ETSY news, I was featured in another treasury!!
I am the skirt in the top left corner:


(Click to enlarge)


I also bought a new Hot Rod magazine (My and My Fella's guilty pleasure!) and it featured tons of 50s hot rod pictures, with 50s swimsuit models! I will be scanning and posting for your viewing pleasure soon!

5 comments:

Betty Boogie said...

WOW Great find!!!

art deco dame said...

Score and congrats on being feautred again!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish we had garagesales in the Netherlands! What a terrific find.
Goncrats on the Treasury.

Tikimama said...

Another Treasury - that's great!

Love my vintage patterns...I'll have to check out yours!

Evelyn said...

OH! Bliss! It was meant to be with those patterns! Congrats on the feature, too, doll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...