Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh, and Husbands too.

I imagine, many of you married dames can understand where I am coming from on this note:
HOBBIES.
I am talking, man hobbies. The kind of hobbies that make the garage a pile of half-built craziness, with some pin-stripe paint brushes thrown in the mix.
Not your fella? Lucky.

My husband has a broken down Honda motorcycle with no seat, a work-in-progress Model A touring, and a $600 Plymouth Valiant daily driver.
He works on each, nearly every day of the week. And at this pace, none will ever be finished.
I guess I cant complain to much, as when the Model A is finished, I will get to ride in it to all my favorite car shows. I just had to air some hobby related grievances.

On that note, the bike and the car:

4 comments:

Mumsy Mania said...

well mine doesn't do car projects but he does other ones he does and doesn't finish and it drives me nuts.. im like dude seriously... you need to finish something..christ..he paints and he will paint something halfway and not ever finish it until a yr later.. i just hope as a tattoo artist he doesn't make someone wait a yr to finish a tattoo..haha.. he hasn't done it yet..

art deco dame said...

well atleast its an "at home" hobbie,I married the musician and gads!That is also if not more so annoying,haha!

Betty Boogie said...

I understand the garage project problem. My Man has been building an addition onto our house for 4 years now... Funny, as soon as the garage portion was enclosed and had a good floor, progress on the addition came to a near screeching halt, but the garage is in constant use for car fixing. I CANNOT wait to get the whole thing done.

Lisa said...

you just described my husband 100%. he's a total gearhead and works in a hot rod shop. only he just wishes he has a model A and instead has a 56 chevy daily driver. he has motorcycles too but i hate them so i pretend they don't exist!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...