Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Road Trip Wrap Up

I know my posts are a tad bit jumbled. I know that makes me a sub par blogger, and I know it messes up the super zen flow I have going on here... But here you are, the last leg of my vintage buying road trip. We woke up early in Walla Walla, Washington (mouthful) and hit some thrift stores before hitting the pavement in route to Milton-Freewater. I am not sure if Milton or Freewater reside in either Oregon or Washington, as the state lines were starting to blur at that point, but they are somewhere in the Northwest I promise. This town (erm.. towns) has the most amazing public pool I have ever seen. Two story tall water slides, fountains, wading pools.. everything pool related you can imagine!
I busted out my fabulous 1950s turquoise swimsuit that I got in a trade, and hit the deck.







The entire trip was made worth while with my acquisition of this fabulous 6 foot tall pom pom aluminum christmas tree. I have been hunting for this tree for nearly 2 years. I am so happy that this holiday season it will be standing proud in my little brick duplex!
I also scored some dinner plates in the Salem North Star pattern which I am thrilled about. I sense a new collection coming on!



After leaving the pool the rest of the trip is kind of a blur of crying children, hot weather, and cowboy towns... so we drove through the night to come home and sleep in our own beds. Overall it was phenomenal trip and I am so thankful I was able to take it!

14 comments:

Agnus said...

I love your swimsuit.

And the picture of your kids together is just too cute! ;)

xoxo,
Agnieszka

Anonymous said...

your kids are so unbelievably cute!
From Trina @ http://retrofashionismypassion.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

Looks like the trip was fun. That swimming suit is so cool!

Technicolor Cutie said...

I said it on Instagram - but that swimsuit is just too amazing! I'm 32 weeks pregnant and you are giving me inspiration to look THAT good after the baby comes! Great pics.

Solveig said...

So much loveliness going on in these pictures. Everything from you to the bathingsuit to your kids and those plates. Love it!

art deco dame said...

That suit is so cute!And super score on the aluminum tree!

Rebecca Penfold said...

So jealous! I would love to go on a trip like that.
Your swimsuit is absolutely divine and your kids are the cutest! <3
Lovely little post :)
www.ohmygarters.com

xj. said...

We have to drive from Portland to Missoula, MT this summer with a almost six year old and an almost one year old. Any tips? We were thinking of packing them into the car in the evening and trying to drive through the night, but not sure.

Lashings of Vintage said...

Absolutely love your swimsuit - turquoise is my fav colour. What an adorable family you have and as for those thrift finds - omgoodness!!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Your little family makes my heart happy.

Those plates are better than I could have ever dreamed up. I am so in love with atomic prints.

PS You look so gorgeous it is crazy.

Cara said...

Milton-Freewater is one little town in Oregon. There's an awesome cider place, Blue Mountain Cider Company, in town with a fun tasting room. The entire Walla Walla area is fantastic for wine tasting (if you are ever sans children). :)

OrigamiGirl said...

You swimming costume is so lovely. Your photos are beautiful. I love the sense of pure summer that they give. :)

Sherry Wray said...

Love the swimsuit!!! You take amazing photos!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely pics!kisses from Italy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...