Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Come and Play With Us

Three times a year, a magical thing happens. The Palmer Wirf's Antique Exposition comes to the Portland Expo Center. Every time its a lavish array of vintage and antique finery. The prices, in general are unbeatable, and the selection is second to none. I generally take Solanah along, as she is my best friend, and vintage companion. This season, to make light of the masses who assume we are in fact twin sisters, we decided to sew up matching dresses. We used slightly similar, but different 1940s housedress patterns with matching fabric. The result was amazing, and I am glad we are crazy enough to do such a thing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I spent a mess ton of money, and left with bags and bags of dress, most of which are listed in my Etsy Shop, with more on the way this week! Solanah loaded up on bakelite, filling her arm by days end. I look forward to July when the next expo comes to town!

13 comments:

Betty2Tone said...

That's such a fun/cute idea. How did you two meet in the first place?

Twila Jean said...

She worked at the local vintage shop I frequent. it was love at first sight <3

Bombshell Bettie said...

eep your matchy but not matchy dresses are the CUTEST

Stephanie Lynn said...

Cute! That is such a great idea!

Gigi's Consignment Closet said...

Simply adorable.

Lauren said...

So cute!

The Witchery Vintage said...

I love your outfits! The expo sounds amazing!!!

Janey said...

Adorable idea! I saw a group of women in matching vegetable pajama pants.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

oh my gosh this is adorable that you two dressed so alike and have similar dresses with the same print!!!! how cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you both look great. None of my friends wear vintage at all. Well I have one who does once in a blue moon but only 70s shirts and nothing older.

Casey Maura said...

This is so, so cute that you two matched! ;) I love how the dresses turned out, and it must have been loads of fun throwing everyone for a loop! hehe.

♥ Casey

Miss Caitlin Elizabeth said...

oh my goodness. you two are just the cutest ever. Your friendship is so great. Those dresses are just fabulous

Alli said...

You gals look gorgeous!
Love the dresses- super cute :)

Anonymous said...

This expo seems incredible! I wish there was something like it where I live (Washington DC) but there really, really, REALLY isn't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...