Monday, January 24, 2011

Aurora, not the borealis kind

Among a rather large list of things that get me very excited, road trips are somewhere in the top three. I can not, and will not ever turn down a trip anywhere, especially when promises of vintage are involved. (As you might recall... Epic Vintage Road Trip.) This weekend's short distance road trip landed us in Aurora, Or. This is the kind of town that you see in antique magazines for being a destination location of expensive antique acquisition. Basically, its a tiny town that is nothing but antique malls, with heavy price tags.

Photobucket
(Photo taken by Toma Amendolara )
Solanah, of course came along. Where would I be without my best vintage buddy? Toma of Blank Pages notoriety drove us, and brought along Rena who is also a major contributor to the zine.
After being accused of being day-walking vampires, and buying a few pieces of fancy serving dishes we headed out of the town to a farm that belonged to Toma's family.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(photos by Solanah.)
Solanah and I wandered through overgrown grass at the farm and snapped pictures. It was an amazingly sunny and clear day, like a pristine winter day with just the right chill to the air. Thankfully I was wearing a fabulous brown wool dress that I got from Solanah in a trade, it kept me warm while we wandered around barns and hen houses. The hat I am wearing is also from Solanah. It's a handmade 30s style hat from Red Star Art based out of Portland. (Which, as it were, is impossible to find. This artist seems to not want to be found.)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Overall I came home with next to nothing, but the trip itself was quite fun. We stopped at McMenamin's for lunch and pints and then found ourselves back home. I am thankful for little things in my life especially the wonderful friends I get to surround myself with. I had a wonderful weekend, and hope you can say the same.

13 comments:

Carys said...

These pictures are so beautiful, they look so genuinely vintage!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

You two are so cute. What a lovely old farmhouse, and fabulous pictures :)

BaronessVonVintage said...

another set of beyond exquisite photos!! I love the one of you looking into the stereoscope. Gorgeous!

Twila Jean said...

Thanks!!!
I am new to the stereoscope, we got one in at my work last month, and I was blown away at how fun they were! I spend dead time looking at all the stereo cards at work. soooooo neat!

Hep~Kitten said...

Your photos beautiful and I love the stereoscope it so unique!!

Rebeccak said...

tee hee - day walking vampires. Whos aid that?!

The photos are gorgeous - did you edit them to make them all mysterious-like?

art deco dame said...

The photos are great!Looks like you had fun!

Alli said...

Both you and Solanah look gorgeous (as always :) ). Looks like the trip was lots of fun. So glad to hear that you had such a wonderful day.

Miss Tami Lee said...

Mmm I love McMenamins!

Twila Jean said...

ME TOO! Tami I didnt know you were living in ptown?! how have we not had an epic vintage blogger meet up yet?

must.remedy.

X said...

Hi, I have dedicated a post to your site in my vintage collection:
http://look10.blogspot.com/2011/01/vintage-collection-page8.html
Hope you like.
Greetings

MaryBeth said...

How fun!! Inspires me for a trip!

xoxoMB

abi porter said...

love this!

i just moved to vancouver and i cant believe how many amazing blog ladies i've come across.. perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...