Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Very Vintage Roadtrip

This week, I got a lead on an amazing buy that I could not pass up, even if it was 150 Miles away. I talked Solanah into coming along and we made the 3.5 hour journey, through snowy mountains, flat lands, and canyons, until we reached the central Oregon desert. We ventured this far to look at a woman's collection of vintage dating back to the early 1900s that she was interested in selling.
We had to leave very early in the morning to make there and back before dinner time, so my curlers were all still wet. I pulled off the road to take them out later, and Solanah made friends with some Llamas.
And to prove to the interwebs that Solanah and I really do hang out together we pulled over by the Deschutes River to capture photographic evidence. Thank goodness I remembered the tripod!
On the way home we spotted a crazy old house in Warm Springs that had a spiral stair case on the outside! It was too cool not to turn around and take pictures, so that is exactly what we did.
Now we are safe at home, looking through pictures. I am sure you all are wondering what I bought on this trip. I have some amazing 20s, 30s and 40s pieces waiting to be added to the etsy shop. Some slinky evening gowns, some sassy swimsuits..
If you want to see those pictures... you will have to check back tomorrow!

For now.. I leave you with this picture of me by the river. I think it sums up how wonderful this short trip was.

13 comments:

art deco dame said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
art deco dame said...

glad you had fun AND found goodies!cant wait to see!

Bombshell Bettie said...

Awww sounds like you kids had a good time! I love that you took your curlers out in the car..and that pic of you two next to the river is SO cute! I love it!
Can't wait to see your lovely purchases <3

Solanah said...

I had sooooooo much fun! We need to take roadtrips all the time, and scour the lands for creepy old houses!

Eve said...

Wow awesomely adorable photos! Amazing to do all that driving in one day...looks like it was worth it though :)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

That's the kinda trip I need at the moment, looks like it blew all the cobwebs away!

Mosquito Head Madchen said...

I really like that photo of you and solanah laughing!

BaronessVonVintage said...

fantastic!!

Stefanie Valentine said...

You girls look as if you had so much fun! And i can't wait to see what you bought xx

Unknown said...

Fab photos!

Lara said...

How fun! I love the creepy old house. Somehow I am drawn to creepy old houses.

Anonymous said...

Good times, and I have to say, you are breathtakingly beautiful. Your face looks as though it was sculpted out of the finest alabaster.

Anyhoo, yay! Roadtrips, especially with pals are a blast...

Emily Kennedy said...

What an excellent trip! Glad you took pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...