Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Farmland

Today, I took the kids on an adventure to a Vancouver farm called Bi-Zi Farms to get some blueberries! Tomorrow Solanah is coming over to assist in making and canning some Jam. This lovely farm has a great market full of veggies and fruits grown locally, plus some yummy breads and honey sticks.
You will notice August's new addition, his mustache. He won it out of a quarter machine, and wont take it off. Except for the brief moment he let me wear it. I wore the dress I made from the 1957 sundress pattern a week or so ago. Its super comfy on a warm day.



The farm has lots of animals to look at, as well as feed. There was a new addition to the farm family today... a brand new baby goat! it was so precious. August and Margaux fed the Mama goat, and we headed back to town. It was a lovely sunny day at the farm. I highly recommend checking in to your own local farms, as they are such a fun way to spend a morning.

5 comments:

mary van note said...

It's always crazy when this happens, but right after your post in my google reader was this blog post: http://myloveforyou.typepad.com/my_love_for_you/2010/08/summer-redux-brad-woodfin-the-holy-goats.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MyLoveForYou+%28my+love+for+you+is+a+stampede+of+horses.%29

funny how that happens sometimes.
I love your dress. It really came out great.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

aww how very beautiful!! your kids are so cute.

Apothecary Inn said...

Here at the inn, we always put a little fresh lavender and lemon verbena in our blueberry jam - it turns out AMAZING! Put the herbs in a tea bag (so you get the flavor without the chunks of herb) and put them in to boil in the pot with the berries & sugar. Remove the tea bag when you are done cooking the jam! And if you don't want to use sugar (I hate using a lot of sugar), you can use frozen white grape juice concentrate.

Unknown said...

I wholeheartedly endorse moustaches on kids! Lovely photos :) xx

Mrs Cleaver said...

Oh my goodness aren't your kids just gorgeous!So funny with the moustache on your little man & your little girl is like a dolly,so cute!
Your dress looks great,very sweet & pretty:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...