Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Coming Home A Winner

I am back from our anniversary vacation, and still in vacation mode. I can't muster up the energy to blog or work. I drank a pot of coffee today so I could bring you the results of weeks of top secret planning. Over the past weekend we attended Jake The Alligator Man's 4th Annual 75th Birthday (say that three times fast!)
Every year this event is held in downtown Long Beach, WA and every year there is a big car show, live music, and of course, a pin-up contest. I entered this pin-up contest, but I brought a secret weapon... another (more)Beautiful lady! Seeing as Jake is a half-man half-alligator side show freak, I figure, we too should be side-show oddities. Thus, the Siamese Twins, Olga and Elsa were born!
We made this entire costume for about $25 and it was loosely based off 666 Photography's Dia De Los Muertos Set. Very Loosely. But after a few nights of white wine, flowers, ribbons, and injuries, the costume was finished. All the pain and late nights were worth it in the end, because we walked away winners, The Bride(s) Of Jake!
We won a gift basket filled with many lovely treasures! The greatest prize at all was the 2 night stay to the Breakers Hotel in Long Beach. I see a siamese ladies night hotel party in my future!
We also go some stunning GothFox Pasties, and several piece of Lucky Cupcake clips and jewelry. There were lots of people and old friends at the event, even Team Jessup made an appearance and asked that we take a snap with their cutie-pie son.
We caused quite a stire on the Penninsula, because even the local paper wrote about Olga and Elsa! Read about it in the Chinook Observer. I know there are several more pictures that will surface in the coming days, but I thought I would give you guys the first glimpse of our winners suit.

I have more re-capping to do about our weekend at the coast, and our visits to Astoria to sip craft beers with Team Jessup.... But that will have to wait til tomorrow.

3 comments:

Randi said...

amazing idea and great costume. i can see why you won!

Lizzy said...

Nice costume! I thought you had the idea from the film "BIG FISH" I guess you watched it.

The Zany Housewife said...

Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...