Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Surprise!

I woke up this morning, drank coffee, and form the point on my day was a rush of go-go-go. I loaded up the kids to stop by the Urban Eccentric to see Solanah and give her a dress. While there August found these funny cat glasses and a camera, and decided to play paparazzi.
We left Solanah to go play at the park with her Aunt Coedith, and Co. It's nice to have some vintage friends who have kids to play with. Sometimes I find that being a Mom you make friends with people who are nothing like you soley based on their child bearing status, so its nice to come across moms that you really do like.
After the park we came home for a short nap, and I played with the black and white feature on my camera, and thus these images were born.
Do not ask me how I did my hair today, my faux bangs never end up this nice, I was so plesantly surprised when they worked out so stylishly. But the best surprise of the day?
My mother so kindly got my a subscription to Vintage Life Magazine for my Birthday next Monday! Issue 2 arrive on my stoop this afternoon, chock full of vintage goodies, and a slight few vintage hmmmmms... I have not read all the articles yet, but plan to cozy up with it in bed tonight.
Well, off with me then. I need to go plan things like my birthday party on saturday, and of course get feared up for the Palmer Wirf's Portland Antique Expo coming up in a week! My favorite time of the season, Expo! What a lovely summer this is turning out to be.

6 comments:

Sweetpaintedlady said...

your bangs look lovely. I just my copy of vintage life last night and was pleasently surpised, refreshing as we dont have anything along these lines here in New Zealand.

Anonymous said...

I do love your expression in the black n white picture.... the raised eyebrow is cute too :)

Modred Vintage said...

I wish I had a group of vintage friends. Love the raised eyebrow picture.

Coedith said...

I am glad you live close and we can do impromptu park visits. I can always take some pictures of you with your camera when we're out-especially with those bangs to show off.

Gypsy with a Camera said...

Your bangs do look awesome! I wish I could get mine to settle in place like that.

I'd like to invite you to enter in my first contest. It ends tomorrow :)

http://wildasart.blogspot.com/

fuzzylizzie said...

So, do you recommend the Vintage life magazine? I've been thinking about ordering it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...