Friday, June 25, 2010

A 1930s Garden

Yesterday was HOT. We have waited and waited, and then waited some more for warm weather to hit, and it finally arrived (though its looking grim today.) I pulled out a light and airy 30s dress I bought during the winter, and put some fingerwaves in my hair.
Most of the day was spent sitting around the yard with the kids. We walked to the park, we played with our bikes. But mostly we lounged in the shade. My husband has all sorts of weird Model A car parts around, so it almost looks like I could be sitting in the grass in the 30s. I love it!
We have a large fig tree in the yard that makes for the most delightful shade on hot days. I set up my little table there so we could eat meals and comfortably sit under the tree.
I am super excited for how my hair turned out! In general my fingerwaves are passable, but lack luster. These ones turned out rather lovely if I do say so myself. My hair is so long I had to roll it up in the back, but It gets the general waved point across.

16 comments:

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Great photos! And what a lovely dress! You look cool as a cucumber. :)

Anonymous said...

Those Model A parts suit this lovely outfit to a T!
Love the waves :-)

BaronessVonVintage said...

Eep! Love it!!

Elizabeth said...

Hello! I just wanted to say your dress is lovely & the photos are really cute! :)

Emily said...

I think the finger wave look awesome!! Great job!!

Riikka said...

A very beautiful look!

Charlotte said...

Ooh I love the fingerwaves! I hadn't thought of doing them with long hair and rolling the back. Although I've got too much hair to roll, so it would have to be tied back, but what a great idea! Must look up a fingerwaves tutorial.

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

looks lovely. the dress is really elegant and so sweet.

Carys said...

Those fingerwaves look amazing, how did you do them so well, I've never managed to get mine to look so defined! I love your dress too, so perfectly and summery!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Stefanie Valentine said...

Your hair looks fantastic! I wish I could master fingerwaves, they're just way too hard for me!

Ivy said...

Lovely! You do look right out of the 1930s.

Ivy said...

Lovely! You do look right out of the 1930s.

alex*at*aufdemaur said...

I do like the style of the dress! What products do you use to keep your hair in place? (My hair is long and I have a hard time controlling it lol)

Dirty Closet said...

wooww!!!love your style!
http://olguiscloset.blogspot.com/

The Long & Winding Bobbin said...

Oh the waves are perfect! great for a hot day

ShristiStudio said...

You are an inpspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...