Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Very Beige Sundress

Yesterday I began sewing up a cute little sundress, which you may remember from this post. The pattern came cut on vintage fabric with all the original notions! Now, because of this I didn't get to choose the fabric, so its a very light beige, but quite cute, and has dark brown bias for the trim.
The darts in this dress are amazing, and the back of the skirt has a lovely little fish-tail godet. This pattern is a relatively quick sew, and easy to follow, I recommend it if you are a new sewer looking for a cute sundress! My daughter woke up during the sewing, so you can see her snuggling in the background in the above shot.
The dress is actually a bit further along than these pictures, but after a bobbin mishap yesterday I decided I needed a time-out from it. I am going to try and wrap up sewing it today or tomorrow, so I can move on to making it in a more flattering fabric. I picked red dot fabric and trim last night, and can't wait to make this dress again.
On that note, when trying this dress on, it became very clear that beige is not my color. It works against my skin tone completely. So if you are a 26" waist and interested in a McCall's 4001 sundress, I am probably going to throw it up here for sale!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I can't wait to see what the polka-dot one looks like. And I love the new blog header, BTW.

Cheers!
~Paige

Anonymous said...

How Audrey! Beautiful fabric and will be tres chic.
elise

Carys said...

Looks like it's going to be beautiful, and I LOVE the new header!!! From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Andi said...

I love the colors you picked out for dress #2. It's going to look great.

aurelia said...

Very cute pattern! I wonder, would you be willing to upload scans or photos of pattern front or back to the vintage pattern wiki?

http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

It's not on there and I know everybody would love to see it!

Thanks!

Stefanie Valentine said...

It's going to turn out to be a gorgeous dress, can't wait to see the finished result!

Oh, and Kim did point out that my clothes were in your photo that you took for the interview, my clothes are famous!

Solanah said...

The polka dots will be so cute!

ina said...

The polka dots will be perfect, the model seems to be awesome!

Kir said...

Ooh, I'm 26" waist. How much do you think you'll be charging?
That red fabric looks lovely!

Bombshell Bettie said...

OMG that pattern is AMAZING! Maybe some day i'll be a 26 again..hehe

Anonymous said...

The dress looks beautiful - those darts are great! I can't wait to see it finished!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...