Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Urban Farmers

Last weekend was so bright and sunny that we had to get out and work on the yard of our new house. It was cozy warm out when we decided to clean up a tree that desperately needed trimming. The husband and I went to work, and after a few hours of climbing ladders and chopping off branches the tree looked fantastic.
The following image was actually my husbands idea to mark our success. He said, "Your blog needs to know about this." He cracks me up sometimes!
I also made my way to the downtown Farmers Market to pick up some vegetable starts for our garden. I simply can not wait to put all my veggies in the ground! There is something so wonderful about eating food that you know came from your yard, and not some airplane from Mexico.
I had a lovely weekend, playing in the yard. Yesterday was spent shopping for my Etsy Shop, where I did in fact find some wonderful things. Lots of late 50s dresses in larger sizes... why don't you go look for yourself!

11 comments:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

I agree about the veggies! I'm so excited that our farmers market will be opening in a few weeks. If it doesn't come from my patio, I like it to come from local farmers and gardeners. I love your skirt, by the way!...heading over to look at your etsy!!
http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com

BaronessVonVintage said...

I'm SO excited to get started on getting our yard ready for summer, too...and beyond excited for the garden and farmers' markets. HURRAH!! Gorgeous outfit. Looks like some fabulous finds for the shop, too!

Hep~Kitten said...

I cant wait to start planting my garden it looks boring right now so I'm excited and the farmers market always have the best veggies.
http://pinupdolls01.blogspot.com

Marie said...

You make a lovely farmer's wife. Love that red skirt.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Stefanie Valentine said...

Your red skirt is gorgeous.
I love growing my own vegetables, they always taste so much better! x

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Love the photo at the top of you and your man (and for some reason the Green Acres theme is now stuck in my head - lol).

Good luck with your gardening! I'm trying out a raised bed for vegetables this year. Homegrown and farm-fresh taste so much better, don't they? ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow you got, um, T in a picture! :)

(Dunno if you want me to use his name or not.)

Beth said...

Hey beautiful- You won a blog award from me...

Cheers

refashionrecyclereuse.blogspot.com

Emily Kennedy said...

This is SUCH a great picture.

Diva said...

It looks like you guys have a great garden. And how wonderful to start growing your own veggies!

Fisher Family Farms said...

We're so excited to start planting! We're gonna be getting the big plow out next week now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...