Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Jean Jeanie

I am not sure how I forgot to mention I finally received my jeans from Freddies Of Pinewood?! They are here, after a small wait, and a few mix-ups they have arrived. They are still not the jeans I ordered, nor are they the back up pair I ordered, but rather a pair I never even considered. But once they got here and they fit like a glove, I decided I would keep them instead of put up a fight.

They are such high quality denim and truly well made. I am so happy with them I could scream! If I had an endless purse I would buy another pair, in the color I actually wanted, because they fit like a dream. While I worried they would look like high-waist "mom jeans," I was pleasantly surprised when they were smoothing and trim. Even my husband likes them, and he hates almost anything involving high-waist style pants.
Oh I suppose you want to see pictures then? Of course you do...
I wore this outfit yesterday, when I assumed I would be doing garden work. The weather thought I would be doing otherwise and sent in a storm instead. I am wearing my new favorite blouse I picked up at a local thrift store! I love a cute tailored blouse, and it matches my favorite hair flowers too.

Today, I was actually able to get some garden work done, so I put them back on and headed outside. We dug out the plot where the garden bed will be, and then tarped it over to kill the weeds. The kids of course wanted to help dig in the dirt, so I let them have at it. It was a glorious sun shining Saint Patrick's Day, and I am thankful for that.

Hope you had a splendid holiday, and that the sun is reaching you all! I know I am thankful to see its bright glowing rays of spring.

16 comments:

Betty2Tone said...

Those pants suit you very well! I've wanted a pair from the same site, but I'm not a fan of buying stuff before trying it on :\

http://betty2tone.blogspot.com/

melina bee said...

So beautiful! I love your marilyn btw.

Bombshell Bettie said...

YAY you finally got them! They look great!

Malayka said...

Very cute jeans! I might have to consider them too... I'm getting awfully sick of only ever being able to find jeans so low that half your bottom hangs out when you bend over!

Moxie Tonic said...

They are just so cute! I think Freddie's needs to hire you as a model - they look so much better than on their website!
Been attempting to sew a pair, but am getting closer and closer to just sucking it up and forking out the cash...

Maggi said...

Those jeans are adorable! Love them!

Unknown said...

They look fab on you! I wish I could wear 'em - I am just the wrong shape :(

Cee said...

Those jeans look wonderful! Mind my asking which style it is you ended up with? I want a pair so badly, I'm just afraid the fit would be terrible as my waist/hip ratio isn't quite right for vintage style pants :(

Twila Jean said...

Of course! I forgot to add, that I ended up with the Capri pants (25" inseam?) in Black Denim. 26" waist 34" hips.
They are tight in the buns, so if you are any bigger than that difference I would get the relaxed fit. <3

Stefanie Valentine said...

Those jeans look made for you! I love my Freddies, they are perfect and so comfortable x

Courtney said...

Those are so darling, Twila! My boyfriend also hates high-waisted pants, but those are so cute, I think I need a pair.

Casey Maura said...

You look fantastic! I really love the shape and the rolled cuffs (do this all the time with mine!)--really stylin'!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

The Vintage Housewife... said...

You look fantastic! I especially love your hair stylein the first photo...its been my favorite! Love your sweet baby chics playin too cute!

Bailey said...

I'm in love with my freddies too! Are yours the classic jean cuffed? or are they something else? I just can't get mine to look right with a cuff! Let me know!!

Miss B.

Jiving Ivy said...

I've been looking for a pair for yonks! Thanks for the tip! Come check out my fledgling blog, http://jivingivy.blogspot.com/
x

Andi B. Goode said...

They look fantastic on you! Yay for Freddies.
-Andi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...