Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home Owners Association

I imagine there are a few of you out there wondering where I dropped off to? Maybe not, but I will tell you where I have been regardless.
We bought the 1941 Bungalow, and this past weekend was move in time! It has been a whirlwind, and we are still moving so this will be short and sweet. I thought you might like to see some pictures of our first night in the Bungalow.

The first night we had the keys we raced to the city to pick-up our 1940s appliances we purchased through craigslist. I adore them, but it was hard work getting the new (stainless yuck!) appliances out, and bringing our (new)old ones in.
We had to plug them in inside the living room while we moved appliances around, you know, to keep the beers cold!
Then we had to paint behind where the appliances would go. Once this got started, we all found ourselves a few beers deep and painting the entire kitchen. Our painting friends began leaving around 1 AM.
It was well worth it, because when I woke up in the morning, my husband had placed all the appliances in their rightful spots, and it looked glorious. I adore my kitchen, and I never want to leave it again!


I am the proud owner of my 1941 Bungalow, and could not be happier! The kids adore having their own bedrooms, my husband is happy with his yard and garage. I am happy to have a Tiffany Blue kitchen. It has all worked out quite well I would say.
Well, I am back to work cleaning our old house, and unpacking this one. I will have a full scale tour of the new house for you all soon, so you can see the magnificent woodwork and craftsmanship in this darling house. I miss you all, and will get back to reading and blogging soon!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen! I would kill for those appliances, too! So glad that moving went well for you all.

julie/smartassbride said...

your kitchen is "Pyrex Blue" and it's one of my wedding colors! i love the appliances too. congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! Great colors! Fantastic taste! Can't wait to come over for coffee....I miss meeting up every month. Jen aka Pearly Grey

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Wow I am soooo jealous! Lucky you, it looks fabulous, that's kinda like my dream home but I don't have a hope in hell in the UK!

Enjoy it, I'm sure you will!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm SO excited for you all!

Jitterbugdoll said...

Congrats--that is so exciting!

Love your kitchen--that is the same color we are planning to paint ours, to match the dials on our 1954 Roper stove (of course). I'm quite jealous that you have a fridge to match your stove :-)

BakeliteBebe said...

I saw the blue through the window when I dropped off your goodies. Very pretty!!

Oh so now I know how you REALLY feel about my fridge (stainless yuck??) LOL j/k I know, mine isn't old.

Lolita Haze said...

Marvelous!

Melissa said...

I am so jealous of your applicances! It looks great!

Casey said...

Ack!!! I am insanely envious of your adorable kitchen and those swell appliances!!! So fantastic! I just adore the color you painted the walls... I am so looking forward to the day we rent a place I can paint the walls bright, retro colors. ;)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Scientific Housewife said...

It looks great, congrats!

TemperamentalBroad@blogspot.com said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see more pics!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

OMG! *jumps up and down while clapping* I am sooooo excited for you! Those appliances are AMAZING and I ADORE the color of your kitchen. I cant wait to see pictures when you have the rest of the house jazzed up.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

BaronessVonVintage said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! Just amazingly awesome kitchen!!!!!

Naomi said...

Congratulations! Your kitchen is the same color as my den and mud room. May you have many wonderful memories in your new (old) bungalow!

art deco dame said...

congrats again on the home its amazing!

The Patersons said...

Your kitchen looks fabulous - I just had a question about the energy efficiency of the older appliances. I love the look but not sure about this aspect - have you done any thinking or research into this?

esme and the laneway said...

It looks gorgeous, I love that colour and your appliances!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Maggi said...

That kitchen is darling! Congratulations!

Esz said...

Oh my your new home is beautiful!!! Love those appliances too :-D

Jess Snell said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I adore my little bungalow too, but for the life of me I can't convince hubz that we need to buy vintage appliances. I should have done it when I was still single... sigh. He also thinks the nasty plastic tub in our 80's bathroom shouldn't be replaced when I start remodeling. Argh!! You're a lucky duck, I love your Tiffany blue kitchen!

Sydney B. said...

What a lovely little house!

XO~Syd

Unknown said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

How amazing and congratulations! My little 1952 kitchen is in desperate need of some new paint (tan, blah!) but yours looks fantastic! Hope the rest of the move went well.
~Christine H.

Anonymous said...

I love your blue kitchen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...