Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Little Home Decor

I had every intention of an outfit post, but this morning as I was planning blog post, my son was watching Stuart Little. It is a kid movie about a tiny mouse named Stuart Little. His parents are Geena Davis, and Hugh Laurie (yes, that is Dr. House!)
Anyway, I was half paying attention to the movie, and was struck by the amazing home decor of the Little's tiny house in New York.
We are moving into the 1941 Bunglow here in a about 3 weeks, so I have been absorbing as much decor inspiration as I can.
You must admit for a kid's movie, the set is quite stunning.

(click to enlarge.)
I loved the kitchen even if its not my color scheme. The retro fridge is a wonderful detail. You can find similar retro kitchen appliances at BIG CHILL. They make some rather charming fridges and dishwashers.
(click to enlarge.)
I am a sucker for carefully executed wallpaper design. I love how they paired the green stripe walls with checked tile floors! I would move to this imaginary house in a heart beat, but alas, I will just take to ripping off the decor instead.

7 comments:

Retro Model Sari said...

uuuuuhhhhh!!!! It is indeed a pretty movie set!!!

BaronessVonVintage said...

love it!!! Can't wait to see what you do in your new house re: decor! It's sure to be the chic-est place around!

sarah said...

That kitchen is soo darling!! I love it. The cabinets especially, and I would love to trade my ooky old fridge (courtesy of our landlord) for one of those Big Chill fridges. I can't wait to see what you do with your new kitchen! I know it'll be adorable.

Treacle said...

I wouldn't have even recognized Hugh Laurie in this movie anymore.

Andi B. Goode said...

The set is incredibly amazing. I don't think I've ever seen this film, though, despite being a Hugh Laurie fan. Anyway, I actually love the colour scheme (though I don't know if I could live with it). Can't wait to see your own decorating!
-Andi x

Anonymous said...

it's adorable! boy do I love vintage home decor. i too can't wait to see what you do with yours :)

Fash Flood said...

I need that kitchen! Thanks for the Big Chill link! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...