Monday, December 28, 2009

Seamless Fun

I was lucky enough to escape a life of parenting and wife-ry to go have an indulgent night with my darling friend Solanah. What did we indulge in you ask? Liquor? Gambling? Easy Women? NO!
We had a wild and crazy night of sewing! No really, it was quite enjoyable and we have moved on to new levels of weird vintage twin-esque behaviors by sewing matching 1930s skirts out of matching navy blue wool. It is always fun to construct with Solanah, because many disasters will ensue.
After sewing on a ridiculously crooked waistband, fixing some sizing issues, and calling it a night, this darling skirt did appear the following morn:
Thank you to my Husband, who's photography skills are only getting better with every outfit shot I force him to take. He is quite understanding in all of this lunacy, so I feel we must give him credit for taking such acceptable photographs of my outfits.

Well, tomorrow brings a new Giveaway for the Metropolitan Blog, so please stay tuned!

15 comments:

Courtney said...

haha, That is so awesome. You two are so lucky you have each other to do these sort of things together. *sighs* I need local gal pals.

So now, how do you get the man to take pics?? lol My boyfriend's fingers seem broken when it comes to this.

Solanah said...

It looks so great! Is that the suit jacket?

I'll have to replace my zipper, it's all squiggly.

Yes, I am quite lucky to have a friend like Twila ;)

Andi B. Goode said...

The skirt looks great!
-Andi x

Treacle said...

Yay for Giveaways and Addiction Enablers!

If it's all right to ask, what distinguishes a 30's skirt from a 40's skirt? I can tell that what you're wearing isn't 20's or 50's, but I don't know what the difference between the 30's and 40's.

Hope you had a happy monday! :-)

Malayka said...

The skirt looks like it turned out great! Your hair looks particularly good in those photos too I have to say.

Bombshell Bettie said...

SO cute! Last time I sewed anything it was a button...and thats about as much as I can do :S I want to learn how to make my own clothing some day too :) hooray!

Oh and very good job to your hubs, I still have to take all my own pics...LOL

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

Very nice!
I'm always on the lookout for 30s patterns but am having a Dickens of the time finding any. =(

LPM

Nicole Carpenter said...

Love it!! Very cute outfit!!

-TheFickleNickle.com

CiaoBellaDesign said...

I belong to a monthly or sometimes monthly sewing group. I may bring up the idea to do a vintage night! That would be so cool if they would do that. I feel that people do not appreciate vintage much....
Skirt looks fab!
Have A Great Day!

Kelly said...

Those shoes are so cute!

alex*at*aufdemaur said...

LOVE IT! So cute!!
And I cracked up about your mention of booze, gambling and easy women haha! It's funny, because with kids and husbands, even the simplest of pleasures and/or hobbies can be ever elusive, so they're a real treat when you get to enjoy them :D haha

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

You look gorgeous!

Miss Cherry said...

Haha! So you need to force your husband to take outfitphotos too! Mine thinks hes the best photografer in the world and only need one or two photos ;)

Sorella said...

I miss sewing, I must start again. I think you did a great job on the skirt :).

Also, guys, I wanted all the American people to know about a competition I found today at FabSugar - you can win a Hérmes Birkin bag, open only to U.S. residents.

Visit my blog for more details:

http://wecangetwild.blogspot.com/2009/12/chance-to-win-hermes-birkin-bag.html

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

lol, sewing is my escape from mommyhood also! My husband is a dear and keeps an eye on the little peach for me! :) You guys did a great job!! You look lovely!
Brittany
http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...