Monday, December 21, 2009

A Mid-Evening Pick-Me-Up

As many of you know I live in the Pacific Northwest. Because we see sure a large number of gray and rainy days here, I find my self with the seasonal blues. I spent all day in a funk, trying to wish it away, to no avail.
That is, until a friend posted her wedding pictures on Facebook tonight. Her wedding was stunning, she wore a beautiful dress she bought on Etsy, and had her hair in a 30s finger-waved bob. Their son wore a snazzy little 18 month-old Tuxedo, and joined them as they exchanged vows. It was a beautiful sunny day in October and they had a great photographer who captured some beautiful pictures of the wedding. I wont post any of her (Unless she expresses thats ok *wink wink*) Update: She says it is OK! So here is the lovely couple:


Of course I will also share a couple candid moments the Photographer caught of me, trust me.. they are classy!

(click to enlarge images.)
My son, and myself are watching the blushing bride head down the aisle. The silly glasses-wearing guy is our friend Clarence.. Look out Clarence, you have officially been fashion-blogged!

The above image deserves clicking-to-enlarge. I don't know how you capture a moment so pure, but this is how I, my husband, and daughter look.... almost all the time. Sheer genius, this image!

This image made me laugh hysterically when it posted. Do I not look like some Meat Monster sent from the past to fill your plate with prime rib? Yes, yes I do. I think this image speaks volumes of the life and times of Me, The Mysterious Metropolitan Housewife you know and love.

After giggling and commenting back and forth, I am no longer feeling the blues. I am just Happy for Andreah and Aaron, and glad I got to attend their lovely wedding.



9 comments:

Eve said...

Yay! I love it! The photographer loved you because you are so unique and photogenic even with a huge plate of beef!

Treacle said...

You're right...there's nothing like the sight of two people in love to make you smile.

This is my first winter in the Pacific Northwest (I'm from Georgia). The rain and short days are getting to me worse than I thought.

I also wanted to thank you for the Nancy King recommendation. I"ve never heard of them so I gotta go check 'em out! $5 is the perfect price for an incidental splurge.

Blargh...that was long. ;-)

Twila Jean said...

@Treacle Nancy Kings are the best.. so inexpensive.. and look LOVELY on and of course feel lovely too. I simply adore the,

Brook said...

hahhaahah I love the meat picture. So funny!

KatB said...

Your friend looked gorgeous for her wedding - I think I might have to try and duplicate her hairstyle. And I love that dress you have. :)

Dizzy Dame said...

that last photo of you serving meat is the best!! haha

art deco dame said...

yes agreed hands down the meat picture rules,you always make the most charmingly quirky pics I adore it!

Miss Go Lightly said...

The last picture is the best! :)

Nicole Carpenter said...

I LOVE the brides hair!! I recently got married myself, and considered doing something similar. I ended up with a more modern look, but I do think that the vintage finger-wave is so classy!!

BTW- Your dress is also very adorable:)

-Nicole
TheFickleNickle.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...