Sunday, December 20, 2009

Last Minute Christmas Shopping Outfit Post

Today was more eventful than I could have ever wanted. I did not mean to let it happen, but we managed to put off Christmas presents shopping for our kids. Both kids are sick and we had to have my mother come watch them at our house, while we made our way to the small Hell that is the local Mall.
After we collected our items and tried to escape the droves of people milling about, we got on the freeway headed for the fabric shop. For some reason the woman in front of us thought it was a good idea to slam on her brakes in the rain, on a down hill slope, because the light had just turned yellow. We skid 50 feet and nearly hit her, veering off we nearly hit a light pole, and end safely in the exit lane. I literally cried. I was so afraid for my life!
I am glad to say I am in fact alive and home to share my outfit pictures of today.
Above, my new old Barbizon slip, bias cut spun rayon, silky soft! My new hair comb from the estate sale I attended on Saturday. My favorite bead earrings in blue.
The 30s knit dress Solanah and I found out shopping one day. I adore this dress, even if it is a hair too tight on me. I finger waved my hair this morning, though its hard to see in the pictures.
Of course after my near death experience, I needed to calm down a bit. How else than with a tasty, "Dead Guy Ale" By the Rouge Brewery. Simply one of my favorite beers and it did hit the spot, and has me settled. Hopefully tomorrow will be less eventful...

11 comments:

art deco dame said...

yeah for cute outfits and nay for stupid drivers

Treacle said...

The accessories on this are absolutely divine. I love the slip, the hair comb, and the brooch. And I'm so jealous that you get to go shopping with Solanah! :-)

Dee La Beau said...

Hope you're alright must have been an awful scare.

Sorry to hear about your little ones, my two were ill last week and it breaks your heart. Hope they make a full recovery in time for Christmas.

You look absolutely beautiful too!

Miss Emmi said...

I work at my local hellhole mall ;_; so there's no escape.

Your comb is gorgeous! What a nice find - estate sales either don't happen here or aren't advertised much, because try as I might I can never find any.

Casey said...

YIKES! I'm just glad to hear that the traffic incident didn't turn as bad as it could have. I've started to get to the point around here (due to holiday craziness) that I refuse to drive anywhere. ;) Definitely a good thing you could have a drink to settle the nerves after that one. ;)

I love that dress that you're wearing! Gorgeous!!!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said...

After that scare, you deserved a drink! I love the knit dress, and it looks great paired with those earrings.

Lolita Haze said...

I wish I had a wonderful swearter set. :( Youirs is fantastic!

Miss Go Lightly said...

I'm happy to hear you are safe and sound doll! the beer was very well deserved after such scare! Lovely outfits doll!

Eve said...

Geez a scare like that could leave anybody feeling not so great! Glad you both came away unharmed.

And that is a fabulous outfit. It goes right with your eyes.

Unknown said...

So glad you are both okay! Hope you all have a Merry, and healthy, Christmas.

Rothmonsteress said...

For real, what is it with NW drivers slamming on their brakes in the rain or just when it is really unnecessary? frightens me so badly! Love your outfit and Dead Guy Ale cures all! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...