Saturday, November 14, 2009

DIY Sewing Kit

I own several vintage sewing boxes I have picked up at Estate Sales over the years. But they are never the right size, or very portable. The other day while digging through my horded piles of vintage I came across one of my train cases. I have train cases for everything, no joke, I have a problem! I have a train case for traveling, one for modeling, and this one that was just sitting around waiting to be the perfect sewing box!
These old luggage pieces are perfect for holding all the little notions you can imagine, and the handle makes this set up totally transportable. Transport is wonderful if you have a sewing buddy like me, and need to take all your goodies.
It's also very helpful if you have a tiny tot to dig through your sewing kit. Very... helpful.

6 comments:

Diva said...

That was so cute, just like your little sewing buddy ! ;)

Malayka said...

Sooo cute! What a great idea

Solanah said...

Fantastic!

bethany925 said...

I have that EXACT case and I'm so glad that you've given me a proper name for it: a "train case." How romantic. Now every time I use it, I'll imagine myself as Eva Marie Saint off to meet Cary Grant on the 20th Century Limited...

What I love most is that the lock is still in perfect working order. It's been tossed around at home and on the luggage carousels of a few airports and it stills works.
Classy.

Colleen said...

My mom uses old luggage for her sewing kit too! Not that she can sew anything, but she does try ever so hard

Laura said...

You are a genius! I had to wrestle a box of pins from my toddler jus the other day. I have this great circular box that will be PERFECT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...