Saturday, May 16, 2009

under things.

I have for the past 3  years, been wearing the worst $10.00 garter belt from some maull haunt like Hot Topic or something similar.

It has extra long garter straps that never work properly and its a one size fits all type deal.
Well, incase you didn't get the memo, One Size, does not fit me who is a size 2, or people bigger than I would say a size ...10? 
In any case, the thing is rubbish.


To remedy my plight, I hunted the web for a good garter belt for someone as little as me.
Instead I settled on the Rago 1359 open bottom girdle
which you can purchase HERE at GirdleBound.com
I don't really require a whole lot of cinching and support,  so this was a perfect pull on girdle, that just assisted me into my hourglass figure!
I know a major key in making vintage clothing look good is proper foundation garments. Rago makes wonderful shapewear, in the same fashion they have for 50 years. The styles are the same as they always were!
In short, or long as it were, I love my new OBG. It's comfy and slimming. For the win!

Picture from Girdlebound.com and Viva Van Story.


7 comments:

Miss Tayva said...

I used to be one of the Girdlebound spokesmodels, and yes... the stuff they stock is phenomenal!
You should try out the other Rago products, as well... I love the waist cincher! Pulls me in tighter than any proper corset ever could, and it's comfortable.

Solanah said...

Oh I need one. I actually looked at one similar today at Bombshell Vintage, but it looked more restricting that yours.

The Vintage Stylist said...

I am so glad you posted this! I've been looking for the perfect girdle for so long. Garter belts just don't cut it for me.

Tina said...

Any company that has been producing undergarments for 50 years has got to be good. Unlike the horrible products and service from today's icon's at Victoria's and Frederick's--both are on my crap list for life.

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

I love the 30's too!

Unknown said...

Does your girdle have a zipper and if it does, does it touch your skin? I noticed on their website that some do and I'm allergic to certain metals.

Twila Jean said...

No, Mine is a pull on, its all elastic around the upper edge. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...