Wednesday, April 22, 2009

fast hair for the vintage girl

I am often crunched for time with my 2 kids, small business, and vintage selling on the side.
I thought I would share with you, my fast hair when I have not had time to pin-curl.
I think this style likely works best if you have a longer fringe, not "bettie bangs" or whatever those are called these days. But you may be able to back-comb shorter bangs into the side part.
Basically, I do a deep side part and use bobby pins to pin both sides back.
I then take hot rollers, (a curling iron will work too.)
and curl the bottom of my hair upward.
Hair Spray, and you are ready.
I think it turns out nice and simple, and fits well with vintage dresses even if its not entirely authentic.

Dont I look really sad in pictures? I am not sure why, but I always look like I am going through a bitter break-up in pictures.

8 comments:

art deco dame said...

youre adorable!xoxo!

Lolita Haze said...

Hehehe You remind me of the Child Princess from Never Ending Story!

This is what I love... simple vintage do's... Not everyone wore ROLLS back in the day... hell hardly anyone did unless it was for fashion or picture!

50sgal said...

Darling hair and I love your jewelry!

Blythe Hopes Vintage said...

You really are too pretty EB! Would love to see a pic of the back and sides tough - am hair clutz and can't quite picture it...

Haute Country Vintage Co. said...

Super cute EB :)

Tikimama said...

I second the request for a photo of the back! I'm not sure if you just pin it back, then it hangs loose in the middle? I like this 'do, especially since I'm due for a cut.

Your pix are lovely!

Twila Jean said...

I dont pin the back at all. I just curl it up.

like a little flip at the back.
it works best with HOT rollers or Hot sticks.

but A curling iron will work too.

I will try to snap a pic of the back for you guys!

Tina said...

Used to wear mine sort of like this when it was long--super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...